Revised New World Translation

by FusionTheism 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

I just wanted to put it out there that I am actually truly impressed by the Revised NWT. I think it's an awesome Bible version.

The only issues I have are that it should only have "Jehovah" in the New Testament when quoting the Old, and the alternate translation of John 1:1 in the Footnote should be in the main text.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Thats great fusion thanks for sharing.

How did you feel about the previous version?

• pixel
    pixel

How did you feel about the previous version?

That's old light _Morpheus. Get on with the times!

• sir82
    sir82

Seriously? That's your only complaint? You need to study more, brother.

Here's one thing for you to research: Have you compared 1 Corinthians 7:36 in the KIT, the NWT, and the RNWT?

Why is parthenos translated as "virginity" at 1 Corinthians 7:36, but as "virgin" in every single other verse in the NT where it appears?

And why is the word utterly and completely left out of that verse in the RNWT?

The old NWT made an absolute incomprehensible hash out of what Paul wrote, and the RNWT goes even beyond that by completely changing the meaning altogether.

That's just one example out of dozens that could be cited.

• nelim
    nelim

Indeed sir82, and wow! This verse is new to me. Quite a shock.... on the other hand, as far as I know, there is no Mosaic law punishing sex before marriage. It "just" means you're married from that point.

Fusion, I have got a list of over 100 verses which are mistranslated in the NWT, and most likely on purpose... the mistranslation nicely supports WT doctrine, while the original conflicts with it. But when reading the NWT yourself it's very hard to notice them, I also just found them on the internet and saw the fraud after checking them myself.

See for example: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/worship-jesus.php

http://www.jwfacts.com/pdf/worship-nwt-2013.pdf

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    My only complaint is...it exists!
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

One key change to the revised translation is the removal of the beginning of John chapter 8. Remember the good old "Whomever is free of sin, let him cast the first stone?" That part is conveniently gone from the revised version.

Also Mark Chapter 16, where Jesus adds to the commandment of preaching the good news by saying "This signs would accompany those who believe, you will expel demons, cure sickness, etc" and much more.

Those are very inconvenient paragraphs for the JW core doctrine. Forgiveness in the face of proven sin and the performing of miracles as proof of your backing by Jesus.

Is also notable that even smaller words have profound effects in the change of rhetoric. We could all see the video where brother Lett speaks of our responsibility to "uphold" the oneness of the spirit rather than "observe" the oneness of spirit. He says it himself, the new revised edition shows us we have to do more than merely observe. He claims we have a responsibility to share in keeping unity. (unity over biblical truth, that is)

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I like how they took "mental regulating out" probably not because that sounds culty at all

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I just wanted to put it out there that I am actually truly impressed by the Revised NWT. I think it's an awesome Bible version.........FusionTheism

I`d be impressed if the WBT$..

Ever showed any Evidence of Following the Bible..

You Don`t Add or Subtract From The Bible..

............IT`S IN THE FRIGGIN BIBLE!!!..

...Image result for bible

Revelation 22:18-19 - For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: (Read More...)

Deuteronomy 4:2 - Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Proverbs 30:5-6 - Every word of God [is] pure: he [is] a shield unto them that put their trust in him. (Read More...)

Revelation 22:18 - For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Deuteronomy 12:32 - What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Revelation 22:19 - And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

• Listener
    Listener
    If it's so impressive why don't they display it in their literature carts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit