Blame the imperfect people not the organization?

by Ghiagirl 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ghiagirl
    Ghiagirl
    I met with a good family friend of mine who is a jw but will still hang out with me...apparently after this last time trying to encourage me. Lol. But I shared a fraction of how I feel about the organization not to disrespect his beliefs, he just went off on the usual well it's an organization run by imperfect men and you can let the people affect you and need to remember it's the right religion and we need to put all that aside. No matter what I said that was his reasoning. I just let him say what he wanted to say and felt and just let it go. There is no reasoning with these people. On top of that had a conversation with my mom for the first time in my new state of mind and my mom said this isn't you! You have always been sorry and wanted to do the right things and come back! She was certain that deep down I know what's right and that basically my husband is the one brainwashing me. Then she started asking me if I remembered the bible account of the prodigal son!!!! I seriously had to hold myself back from laughing. In a way I felt bad. Then annoyed, like really your trying to bring up bible stories right now. It made me see wow I am truly awake! Although it always seemed kind of weird to me growing up it's what I was used to and what I thought was normal. I love my family and friends that are still jws but really you all can't see how looney this is! I mean I believed it for so long you can help but feel stupid. I was just remembering the other day how badly I wanted to go to my senior prom and I got asked by my huge crush! Cause of course I couldn't date him. I asked my parents if I could go and of course the answer was no I was so devastated. Things like that make me mad when all I wanted was a normal life! And that was almost 5 years ago I was in high school! All because I need to be humble and follow an imperfect organization that makes up rules and ruins lives. My husband is fine one week and then has an emotional breakdown the next due to his being dfd ! If it is supposed to be about my relationship with god then that's all that matters! Not what an organization thinks.
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    I think many of us have been where you are. It's very frustrating trying to reason with those who literally have a generic answer to everything...imperfect men, persecution, media lies, ex Jw's lie and the catch all " just wait on Jehovah"
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Next time a J.W. says "it's an organization run by imperfect men", just tell them that what they've said applies equally to the Catholic Church and the Mormons!
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

If we blame the imperfect men/people, which part of the Organization is exempt from blame ?

Is there a part which does not comprise of imperfect people ?

If you reply "yes" to the last question, please provide proof.

Thank you.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

well it's an organization run by imperfect men

Yes it is. Just like every other religion on Earth.

remember it's the right religion

No it isn't. See above.

we need to put all that aside.

No we don't. Why should we do that? We don't do that concerning any other religion. Again, see above.

There is no reasoning with these people.

That is correct.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

WalMart is another organization run by imperfect men. Actually they even allow women!

That reasoning is a security blanket. The idea fed to people is that we are "looking at men" and therefore being stumbled. Well.....who else makes the policies procedures and statements if not the men running the show?

My statement to anyone that says this is are we not to test out every inspired utterance? Why shrug off real problems with doctrine and people by saying "its just imperfect people". Its insulting and ridiculous.

Basically.....if someone claims to speak for god, then how they speak SHOULD be under scrutiny like nothing else. I don't understand why that is so hard to grasp.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Blame joke-hova and its filthy angels (greys, reptilians, and alpha draconians) for intentionally lying. You are not looking at mere mistakes and predictions that somehow went bad, you are looking at deliberate lies intended to damnation of those who listen and follow their bad advice. And yes, the organization itself is intentionally leading the flock to damnation, not just making mistakes.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I believed it for so long you can help but feel stupid.

Gullible.

I feel so stupid about how gullible I was.

Doc

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

I was at a convention once a few years ago, and the visiting bethel "heavy" kept saying:

"We are the most perfect imperfect organization on earth!" .....Followed by applause.

What does that even mean?

-TE

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"We are the most perfect imperfect organization on earth!" .....Followed by applause. What does that even mean?

I got this! I means: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit