Straaaaange JW Quotes from Yesteryear

by Francois 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Well, RR, to be fair to me, I didn't have the entire article. And frankly don't give a big rat's ass. Context hardly changes the sheer idiocy of either of these statements. And you don't have to look too far to find idiotic statements in the WT. Like their claim that aluminum cookware would poison you, or that vaccination was ineffective.

And I don't understand your reference to skin cancer. What ARE you saying?

Francois

• somebody
    somebody

Hi Francios...check your e-mail. I believe that quote is from the Zion's WatchTower and not a newspaper article. The watchtower was probably quoting the Rev. William Draper from a newspaper article in it's article.

peace,
    somebody

"Air baths are good for preventing colds.. What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while."~ Golden Age Feb 10 1926 31

Group air bath,anyone?

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

This looks like a large pile of bovine excrement to me.

HCM

• somebody
    somebody

HoChiMin,

"a large pile of bovine excrement"

lol

I might steal that phrase to describe the liturature the wts prints! may I ? .........course, we aren't discussing the present large pile if bovine excrement right now. It's a discussion about past poop. excrement of yesteryear.

peace,
    somebody

"Air baths are good for preventing colds.. What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while."~ Golden Age Feb 10 1926 31

Group air bath,anyone?

• Englishman
    Englishman

"medicine originated in demonology and spent its time until the last century and a half trying to exorcise demons. During the past half century it has tried to exorcise germs." (Golden Age, Aug. 5, 1931, p. 728)

The magazine further warned JWs against x-rays (Sept. 23, 1936, p. 828), and even though it didn’t consequently deny the benefit of all surgery, tonsillectomy was worse than suicide:

"If any overzealous doctor condemns your tonsils, go and commit suicide with a case-knife. It’s cheaper and less painful." (Golden Age, April 7, 1926, p. 438)

...and they expect us to believe that they are Gods visible organisation. Oh my aching sides....!

Englishman.

• somebody
    somebody

This is what the WTS was publishing as spiritual food in the early 1900s about blacks. There is more, but it's just to nasty and downright rude to even copy it in here for all to see. I'm actually sickend reading it. I realize the point RR is making, but all the while, the wts was teaching that the "piles of bovine excrement" that is published was not man's opinions. They were telling their followers for YEARS that the info it printed was from God. And my point is that from reading other quotes from the 1900s, the society was agreeing that a black person could turn white by praying to God to lift the "curse" that they were under from Noah.

Is there anything in the Bible that reveals the origin of the Negro? It is generally believed that the curse which Noah pronounced upon Canaan was the origin of the Black race. Certain it is that when Noah said, 'Cursed be Canaan, a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren,' he pictured the future of the Colored race.
    Golden Age Jul 24 1929 page 702

The Watchtower does not consist of men's opinions.
    WatchTower Jan 1 1942 page 5

peace,
    somebody

Group air bath,anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit