Straaaaange JW Quotes from Yesteryear

by Francois 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

This is priceless. And to think I used to believe they had the truth. I've just got to get much better at character assessment. Enjoy:

"Rev. William Draper, once black, is now white in answer to prayer." (Watchtower Magazine 10/1/1900, p..2707)

"White people living in China eventually produce Chinese offspring -- without intermarrying -- due to the influence of soil and climate." (Watchtower Magazine 7/15/1902, p.3043)

I just can't believe I believed the J-Dubs.

Francois

• Celia
    Celia

These quotes are precious !
    What would a JW say when shown these ?
    I wonder!

• TR
    TR

Even as a 'hovah, A "bro" and I would talk about how goofy some of the old "light" was. LOL! "I'm glad the Society doesn't make us teach some of this old stuff anymore," he'd say. In other words, even 'hovahs in general don't beleive this fecal fantasy.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

---"White people living in China eventually produce Chinese offspring -- without intermarrying -- due to the influence of soil and climate."

"Honest, my darling! Our son looks Chinese due to the soil and climate! I am as amazed as you are. And isn't it an amazing coincidence that he looks just like Fu, our gardener!? This local air must really shape the way the children look, don't you think?"

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and will die here like rotten cabbages."-Number 6

• blondie
    blondie

Girl Equals Cow

*** w61 12/15 767-8 Questions from Readers ***
     How can girls guard against temptation in this sex-crazy world?
    When a girl reaches the age of puberty or physical maturity, her body has developed in the matter of sex more than in the mind. Young folks like to be together, first in groups, later in twos. If they have not been instructed by their parents in regard to the matter of sex, a boy and a girl are likely to become too familiar and to engage in what is popularly called petting or necking. They may practice this for a time and see no bad results. However, the time will come when there will be great danger in such actions. Why? In answer to this question, we can learn about nature and sex from the bovine family of mammals, both wild and tame.
    Large herds of cattle, both male and female, wander over the plains feeding. Ordinarily the male or bull would not think of approaching the female or cow for sex purposes. If he did approach he would not receive a hearty welcome, but, rather, he might be gored by the cow’s horns. There is no petting or sex relations between bull and cow permitted, because the female is not in physical condition to breed. The bull seems to understand this and keeps in his own place. However, when the female of the species is in condition to breed, she makes the matter known. If there is no male in the herd, she will go elsewhere looking for one and she is unsettled until she finds one and then is bred by him. Now she is contented, and the end result is a calf. In this connection it is interesting to note that the male animal has no season at which he is not willing to engage in the breeding act.
    If we humans would take a lesson from these creatures, we would learn something of importance in matters of sex, as to its purpose and the results of its operation.
    As with a cow, when a young girl who has reached her puberty is in physical condition to conceive and become pregnant, her sex emotions are greatly aroused. If she has association with a boy, she is inclined to think that it is the sweetness of the “boy friend” that causes this delightful and new feeling, and so she becomes infatuated with him. If the boy friend should become sexually aroused and lets her know it and then she yields her body to the advances of the amorous boy friend, she is likely to become pregnant as a result of just one sex experience of this kind.
    Some persons foolishly think that they know when it is “safe” to have sex contact with those of the opposite sex and thus avoid becoming pregnant, but this is a serious mistake on their part. Even learned biologists do not know exactly when there is no danger of conception for a woman. This is due to certain irregularities in the case of various females.
    When the ovum, that is, the egg cell from which the baby starts, is at large or is on its way from the woman’s ovary through her Fallopian tube to the uterus, there it remains for an uncertain length of time, which varies greatly with different females. Then is the time when conception can take place if the ovum is met by a male life sperm. During that same time the female is sexually aroused and is ready for the sex act that at this time will cause a baby to result. This bearing of children is the sole privilege of the female. In fact, this is one main reason for creating the female of the human species.
    There are cases where a girl became pregnant as a result of one sex interview with a boy. What a price for a girl, a virgin, to pay for a few minutes of satisfied sex emotions! When persons start in this dangerous and sinful course, they find it hard to overcome future temptations. When a young, unmarried girl falls to the temptation, the price she pays is terrible: shame, sorrow, a ruined reputation, endless troubles, with the danger of being disfellowshiped from a congregation if the girl is a dedicated member. It is high time for girls to understand the make-up of their bodies and its functions, especially with regard to sex. Then if a girl understandingly takes care of herself while the ovum is at large and is causing sex disturbance and cravings within her, she will be able to act like a true lady of irreproachable morals at all times. She will avoid the violating of her virginity and the shame and conscience-stricken state due to this; and wisely she will direct her young life so as to end up in the position of a clean, happy wife and mother of legitimate children, journeying to the new world of righteousness, where there will be no sex problems amid a sex-crazy population.

• RR
    RR

You know, you should quote the whole thing Francois. It's not a Watchtower article, in fact it's a newspaper article the Society ran from another newspaper. Let's be fair! Apparently a hundred years ago, science had not figured out what we know today about certain skin cancers.

• graceabounds
    graceabounds

This just in...
    Be ont the lookout....
    Ovum at large!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

News at 11:00.

Why is it then, that so many men/boys initiate sex "encounters"?
    You would think....from the article....that women were all
    alone in this.

To make the comparison of a young girl to a cow is degrading.
    Not that it surprises me, coming from the "experts" at the
    Watch Tower. I am so glad that my daughter will not have to
    go thru puberty, learning from their expertise.

graceabounds

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

"If we humans would take a lesson from these creatures"

And there ya have it.. Take away all reasoning power, rational thought processes, and what do you have left? That of the creatures of the earth...

After all, it's our ehem, God given gift of thought, logic and reason, that seperates us from the rest of the animals of the earth..

In the WT world, let's keep them animals, caged is best :-)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"White people living in China eventually produce Chinese offspring -- without intermarrying -- due to the influence of soil and climate." (Watchtower Magazine 7/15/1902, p.3043)

BUAHAHAHAHA!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!

Looks like someone's rubber broke!!!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• avengers
    avengers

rr

Apparently a hundred years ago, science had not figured out what we know today about certain skin cancers.

Yes, but coming from an org. that has Jehovah's "Spirit" you would expect "words of truth" and not garbage.

But maybe Russel was a Free Mason and the whole matter is one big Mason scheme.??????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit