Why is Jehovah allowing his name to be disgraced?

by IslandWoman 29 Replies latest jw friends

• winsome
    winsome

Olivia,

Will I abandon pure worship because of the sins of imperfect men?
    First you have to figure out if these leading men are really practicing "pure worship" by the way they treat innocent helpless children in their midst, and those brave souls who are trying to protect them. Would you say disfellowshiping the abused victims and those who are trying to give assistance to them in their "hour of need", is what James described below as practicing "pure worship"?

"The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world." (James 1:27)

Is this how we show our genuine brotherly concern for spiritual (and otherwise) "orphans and widows in their tribulation", by disfellowshiping them?

Just a thought.

winsome

• JT
    JT

The Bible is the roadmap and my source of directions
    ^^^^^^^
    actually the Watchtower publications are your road map then the bible.

• JT
    JT

the comment was made:

"Ultimately, I realized that I am not responsible for the actions of the Society. I am only accountable for my own thoughts and actions."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yet this is what folks in other religions have been telling jw for years and yet not one jw would accept this as an acceptable answer

in fact the very poster if told the exact thing in field service would quickly point out that the householder would be SHARING IN THE SINS OF HER CHURCH/RELIGION/ORGANIZAION, ETC

YET here we see a loyal jw trying to grab for the same excuse that she WOULD NEVER ALLOW ANOTHER PERSON OF ANOTHER RELIGION TO USE
    if the exact tables were turned

when this type of info is brought out about other religions it is a clear sign that they don't have god's approval

when it is brought out about jw, it is due to imperfect men at the top
    WHY CAN'T JW LET OTHER FOLKS USE THE SAME EXCUSE WHEN thier faith gets into trouble

can you SAY DOUBLE STANDARD ONE FOR JW AND ONE FOR OTHERS

YOU GOT to love jw as they try to put a happy face on anything

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi Olivia,

You wrote: "At first, I was overwhelmed with sadness and hurt that Jehovah's name was being so defamed. I cried rivers over it! I was filled with rage against the Society. Ultimately, I realized that I am not responsible for the actions of the Society. I am only accountable for my own thoughts and actions. Jehovah will judge us all according to our deeds. When Jehovah's day of glory arrives, it is out of everybodies hands!"

I applaud your thoughts quoted above! It seems that you are putting your trust in Jehovah rather than in men.

Keep going in that direction Olivia and you will not go wrong!!!!

Wishing God's blessings in you life,
    IW

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Olivia,

Ultimately, I realized that I am not responsible for the actions of the Society. I am only accountable for my own thoughts and actions. Jehovah will judge us all according to our deeds.
    As true christians, we cannot say this.

As christians, we must fully renounce all forms of "unrighteousness" while "naming the name of Jehovah." And we must put off all forms of ungodliness, and even when something gives us the "appearance of evil". And this child molestation case does indeed, give us the "appearance of evil", at best. Christians have a scriptural obligation to distance ourselves from evil at all times. Even if it is committed by the WTS. Makes no difference to God. (2 Tim. 2:19; 1 Thess. 5:22 KJV)

Psalms 26:4 says,

"I have not sat with men of untruth; And with those who hide what they are I do not come in."

Surely, the WTS and G.B. "fits the bill" here.

The scriptures reveal our close "associates" count with God too. It affects our worship. Paul advised first century christians of some,

"having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away." (2 Tim. 3:5)

Paul said to "turn away from" such like ones.

Bad association corrupts. It is like a "poisonous root" in our midst, exerting a corrupting influence upon christians. Either the bad must be conscientiously extracted, or the good must remove itself from the overwhelming influence of the bad to prevent being invariably "defiled by it". So, the two don't mix. (1 Cor. 15:33; Hebrews 12:15)

Here is an illustration of what I mean.

Suppose you were a back seat passenger in a car enroute with others known to yourself. It will be a short journey. Just a quick ride, to a destination not far away. Just as the journey begins, someone suggests stopping at a local convenience store to "grab a quick bite" and refreshments. No problem with that, right? But when they come back hurriedly and take off quickly in the car, you suddenly learn to your horror, the driver of the car and front seat companion have just robbed the place of business at gun point! (This actually happened to someone I knew.) Now, what do you do?

A serious crime has now been committed. And you are in the car with the criminals. You're in a pickle now! No matter whether you liked what happened or not, no matter whether you had prior knowledge or were aware of what they were going to do or not, from the viewpoint of the authorities, YOU ARE INVOLVED IN A CRIME. You are an "accessory" to the crime, and can be tried in a court of law, convicted and punished as such. You could be facing serious jail time, Why?

Essentially, the authorities would say, it is because of your choice of associations in people. It is because of being in the car when the crime happened. How do they know you didn't help plan the crime? That's how they see it. You are charged with a serious crime too, like the others.

You may get out of it, but it won't be easy.

Moral of the story: Watch your associations. Bad choices in close associates can led to big trouble, major problems down the road.

JWs, rank and file, are in the same situation with their continuing close association with the WTS, in view of the known "crimes" committed by them in God's eyes. And JWs could wind up being adversely "put on judgment by what they approve", as in the conduct of the WTS. The choice to have the "bad association" of the WTS as close associates in God's eyes, could place the "innocency" of JWs as a whole, in question. (Romans 14:22; 1 Cor. 15:33)

Psalms 26:5, 6 says,

"...With the wicked ones I do not sit. I shall wash my hand in innocency itself."

Can JWs after watching or learning of the NBC "Dateline" program on May 28th, say this in all good conscience before God? Can JWs still keep saying to God, "Look! We did not know this." (See Proverbs 24:12.)

bjc

• SYN
    SYN

Olivia says:

Why is Jehovah allowing His name to be disgraced?
    "Jehovah"? Where?

I asked myself this same question.
    But, aren't Dubs not allowed to ask questions? Tisk, tisk!

What with the UN scandal and now Pedophile's lurking amongst us!
    Baby, the UN thing's been going on for 10 years, and the molestation for even longer than you've been in this religion!

What next? These situations have caused me a great deal of anguish in my attempt to understand it.
    Doubtlessly!

It is my conclusion that, having the imperfect mind of a human, and having no scriptural explanation for this strange twist of events, I must accept that this is as inexplicable and incomrehensible as Infinty!
    I'll presume you meant "infinity". Sadly, Olivia, the explanation is much simpler than that. Humans caused the problem, a very specific group of humans called the Governing Body and their subordinates. "God" had zilch to do with it!

ONLY Jehovah knows why these things have been permitted,
    Really? Maybe you could bring him out of hiding so he could tell us why then!

and ONLY He can bring to completion His plan for lovers of righteousness amongst mankind.
    Yeah, such a pity that that plan involves the deaths of 6 billion people. Makes Al Quaeda look like a wet candle in a rainstorm!

Despite it being a perplexing time, I consider it a test of my "loyalty" to Jehovah God.
    No, Olivia, it is a test to see if your mind-meme has taken hard enough for you to ignore all negative things about the publishing company formerly known as a religion you profess to worship in.

Will I abandon pure worship because of the sins of imperfect men?
    "Pure worship" is not the correct phrase to use here. Please define pure worship, because as far as most people on this board can tell, what's currently happening in Dubland is sure as hell not "pure worship"!

Not when I myself am also a sinner.
    YOU'RE GUILTY! We just don't know what you're guilty of yet, but we've scheduled a Judicial Comittee for you anyway!

That would be so self-righteous! I do not worship an "Organization" directed by imperfect people...
    BULL-SH*T! You know you do!

I worship our Creator, the Supreme God Jehovah!
    That one elusive entity no-one has EVER seen, except some guys way back 4000 years ago in a Biblical legend! Well, they saw his nostrils blowing open a space in the Red Sea for them at least, although no account is given of how donkeys and carts managed to get through the sludge, coral reefs, and sandbanks on the bottom of the sea! HAHAHAH! Bloody ridiculous book!

I do not fear what "men" can do to me, but I do fear the displeasure of Jehovah God.
    A religion based on fear...like most religions! There is a striking similiarity between your God and a homicidal maniac...only most homocidal maniacs are accountable for their actions!

"Men" cannot grant me life eternal!
    Yes they can, and it's coming soon at convenient prices thanks to genetic research, my dear!

Neither can they take away my life, because it is Jehovah's Spirit that sustains me.
    Now, you are not making much sense anymore!

What meaning has life if I become Spiritually dead?
    By Spiritually dead you mean not handing out Watchtower publications and listening to people drone the same thing in your ears every second night for the rest of your life? I'd rather be dead then! So, Olivia, has it ever beset you to try and ask a QUESTION at the Watchtower Study? Obviously not, because you are IN A CULT! You're not allowed to question what you're being taught! That's the fast track to disfellowshipping, y'know!

The Bible is the roadmap and my source of directions.
    Even these bits? Or do you selectively ignore them?

Genesis:
    Noah kills the "clean beasts" and burns their dead bodies for God. According to 7:8 this would have caused the extinction of all "clean" animals since only two of each were taken onto the ark. "And the Lord smelled a sweet savor." After this God "said in his heart" that he'd never do it again because "man's heart is evil from his youth." So God killed all living things (6:5) because humans are evil, and then promises not to do it again (8:21) because humans are evil. The mind of God is a frightening thing. 8:20-21

Lot and his daughters camp out in a cave for a while. The daughters get their "just and righteous" father drunk, and have sexual intercourse with him, and each conceives and bears a son (wouldn't you know it!). Just another wholesome family values Bible story. 19:30-38

Jacob displays his (and God's) knowledge of biology by having goats copulate while looking at streaked rods. The result is streaked baby goats. 30:37-39

Exodus:
    The Israelite population went from 70 (or 75) to several million in a few hundred years. 1:5,7, 12:37, 38:26

God divided the sea with a "blast of [his] nostrils." 15:8 I LOVE THIS ONE! IT'S AWESOME! GOD IS MAN, AND HE HAS NOSTRILS!

God gives detailed instructions for performing ritualistic animal sacrifices. such bloody rituals must be important to God, judging from the number of times that he repeats their instructions. Indeed the entire first nine chapters of Leviticus can be summarized as follows: Get an animal, kill it, sprinkle the blood around, cut the dead animal into pieces, and burn it for a "sweet savor unto the Lord." Chapters 1 - 9

God gives instructions for "wave offerings" and "heave offerings." He says these offerings are to be made perpetually "by a statute for ever." Have you made your heave offering today? 7:30-36

Be sure to watch out for those "other flying creeping things which have four feet." (I wish God wouldn't get so technical!) I guess he must mean four-legged insects. You'd think that since God made the insects, and so many of them (at least several million species), that he would know how many legs they have! 11:23

God's treatment for leprosy: Get two birds. Kill one. Dip the live bird in the blood of the dead one. Sprinkle the blood on the leper seven times, and then let the blood-soaked bird fly off. Next find a lamb and kill it. Wipe some of its blood on the patient's right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle seven times with oil and wipe some of the oil on his right ear, thumb and big toe. Repeat. Finally kill a couple doves and offer one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. 14:2-32

Deuteronomy:
    After God instructs the Israelites to mercilessly slaughter all the strangers that they encounter (Dt.7:2, 16), he tells them to "love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt." 10:19

Sigh...but enough of that. Have you ever wondered what all that BS meant when you were reading it during your meetings, Olivia? I SURE DID!

Remember, our faith will be tested to the max.
    Yeah, your faith in the above pronouncements of "God". Gee, how exciting for you, to have your ridiculous beliefs called into question!

Satan is very clever and deceptive,
    Plus, no-one has ever seen him, so he must be very sneaky indeed!

so I must constantly evaluate my thoughts
    Didn't you know that you must not have "independent thinking" going on in that noggin of yours? That's against the Society's rules, and I can show you where to find the laws in the publications too!

so he doesn't influence my heart. At first, I was overwhelmed with sadness and hurt that Jehovah's name was being so defamed.
    Well, at least you're human, I'll give you that.

I cried rivers over it! I was filled with rage against the Society.
    Feel the hatred, Luke. Let it grow inside you, let it become STRONG!

Ultimately, I realized that I am not responsible for the actions of the Society.
    No, but you are responsible for getting more people INTO the Society to be victims of their decisions, young lady!

I am only accountable for my own thoughts and actions.
    See above point about "independent thinking".

Jehovah will judge us all according to our deeds.
    Damn, I forgot to do all those sacrifice rituals. I guess I'm going to die "real soon now"!

When Jehovah's day of glory arrives,
    Any day now!

it is out of everybodies hands!
    But, at least we get to finally see this "Jehovah" guy!

After all, my purpose for being a JW is to share in the Sanctification of Jehovah's great name.
    I suggest you speak to AlanF about that name and why you probably shouldn't be using it if you are serious about this stuff, which evidently you are!

How much better can I do that, than by remaining Loyal to Him and proving Satan a liar?
    Satan lied? Did you record it on tape?

So let's not add confusion to our faithful course by trying to understand what is above our ability to understand.
    Ah yes, no "independent thought" is allowed. Right, got it.

Rather, "throw our burden on Jehovah",
    Yeah, sure, he'll sort out those child molesters in the end! Who gives a screw about how many more kids they molest before Armageddon, comes (any day now (TM))?

knowing He will "provide escape" by giving us the peace and endurance to persevere in trying times.
    Well, I hope he gives peace and endurance to those little kids while they get ************ by ***************.

Sometimes we can try so hard to understand what seems to be complex, when in reality, it is very simple.
    But, didn't you just say that this problem is infinitely complex? Make up your mind! Besides, you shouldn't be reaching conclusions, since that is a sign of "independent thought", which you are not supposed to be doing!

As the expression goes, "You can't see the forest for the trees."
    Well, you can't see the planet!

As since the beginning of mankinds existance, it is a matter of faith and obedience!
    Faith, obedience, fear, what's the difference?

May our Awesome God Jehovah bless his sheeplike ones!
    Like he's blessing those little kids right now? I think I'd prefer to go without his blessing in that case thank you!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• thewiz
    thewiz

What really amazes me if you guys profess to be who you profess to be (enlightening the world by exposing the WTB&TS for it's failings and or hypocrisy) and it doesn't bother you to be involved in the political process, then are YOU not at fault as well?

If it doesn't bother YOU to be involved in the political process then why don't you bunch of active people push for legislation that would require ALL states to have reporting of child abuse/molestation a requirement. You blame the WTB&TS for the laws that your state doens't even require. What is it, ONLY 16 states have laws on the books for reporting? I find THAT deplorable as well as the procedures that the WTB&TS use.

Go one step futher, and instead of making it at the state level push for the Federal level. Also, YOUR (as well as mine) criminal justice system is so made up that these perverts are, and can be released back into the "wild" and "hunt" again. The people who make up these laws and limitations are people YOU voted (that is, if you vote) into office.

----

Thanks for the enlightment that someone provided, which I never really thought about before. Someone would not have privileges in the cong. to do something as simple as the mics. but they have the endorsement by the WTB&TS to go door-to-door, putting innocent children and their families at risk. But what I don't understand, if a person wnats to go door-to-door anyway who is to stop them. Or better, how can they be stopped from going door-to-door?

What I'm basically asking/saying is, what is the solution?

• thewiz
    thewiz

• Jewel
    Jewel

>>> I consider it a test of my "loyalty" to Jehovah God.<<<

My question to this always is: Tested by whom?

I assume here that you believe that Jehovah is allowing Satan to do this to "test" the loyalty of the Witneses. So does that mean that, for the time that this "test" is being conducted at least, that the WTBTS is in the hands of Satan? Wouldn't that, at least in this situation, make it Satan's organization?

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Ahhh, ya gotta love Newbies!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit