My Travel Web Site is On Line.....Yippeeeee

by Robdar 16 Replies latest jw friends

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Rodbar,
    Site looks great. If you want to ad a free Dining guide, here's a little sniplet for you, Compliments of Lunch-Times.com

<IFRAME style="WIDTH: 414px; HEIGHT: 449px" border=0 name="NAMEFRAME"
    src=" http://www.lunch-times.com/cgi-bin/dining/guide.cgi?"; width=200
    height=320></IFRAME>

You just have to adjust the size of the frame, and name it as well. Or if you want to HTML for the actual Dining Search page, let me know. That is of course if you are even interested in adding a dining guide. Anyone else that wants to ad this to their site, feel free to do so as well, just send me an email if you don't mind so I can see how it looks. ( [email protected]).

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Robyn - I love it! I will definitely be keeping tabs on your site :)

hugs,
    Mimilly

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Most excellent site Robdar....BUT!! I wanna go somewhere now!!!

Seriously, very nice site. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Dana

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hi Revmark:

I wasn't able to connect to the dining guide. I will email you in a few days about it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,
    Robyn

• ballistic
    ballistic

robdar, if you want some constructive critisism, the pictures, particularly the very first screen need compressing more for faster download. Most people still use 56k modem like me and that first screen takes nearly a minute to display. The general public will not wait around to see if a site is any good. A study of web sites I was reading the other day said that people make their minds up as to whether a web site is worth further investigation in 3 seconds.
    Other than that it's great!

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Robyn,
    If you click the link in the code above it leaves a " at the end of the address, so it won't open. There should be no " after CGI. You can see it in use at lunch-times.com, it's right on our main page. You can also go to:

http://www.lunch-times.com/cgi-bin/dining/guide.cgi?

But it was designed to be in a small frame, so it looks kind of funny all bu itself. Feel free to email me though. The great thing about this script is that it's updated constantly by users all over the world, and it does so automatically. You never have to add anything yourself, although if you know a certain area, you can add restaurants, and that too updates the database for all users of the Dining Guide. Also, if you want, i'll give you a link off our site. It's fairly new as well, but we receive about 50,000+ hits a month so far. Drop me a line and we can do some things together if you want.

Matthew

Saratoga Springs, New York
    Congregation Refugee

• Robdar
    Robdar

Ballistic,

Thank you for your suggestion. It is a good one. I am talking to my consultant about it. Perhaps he will give me some good advice on how to go about making the site easier to access.

Thanks for checking out my site.

Cheers,
    Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit