Do you feel like an idiot?Should you?

by sleepy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• monalisa
    monalisa

None of you should feel stupid, dumb, embarrassed, any of that. There are lots of people out there doing vile unimaginable things in the name of religion. Look at it this way - you have an excuse for your life not being perfect. What are us non-JW's supposed to blame it on for not accomplishing anything, not going to college, and having a pitiful job???? LOL

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Valis,

Yep, I took that ride. I never was a 'true believer' though, I was on the inactive list most of my time in the borg. The magazines embarrassed me, I couldn't bring myself to try and peddle them door-to-door.

It really isn't doctrinal stuff that wakes you up to the evil of the WT, it's the psychological/totalitarian issues. That's why a hard-headed true believing dub isn't going to find many people in the ministry who can shake their faith. Everything is excusable when you're under the propaganda influence of the WT. There are certain active ones who I dread coming across, because I know that nothing I could possibly say could shake them.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I guess that's the way I'm trying to look at it.

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

I know what you mean. I regret that I cut my extended family out of so much of my life. Now most of them have died and I can't get the years back. I regret that I made my kids miss so many things while growing up.

I have told them several times how sorry I was, I truly thought I was doing the right thing at the time.

But I try to move forward, make the best of what I have now.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

The only time I felt idiotic was early in my days as a dub. I was an unbaptized publisher and went out in service with the elder that studied with me. We made a return visit, on Christmas Day, to a family that was deeply emmersed in the holiday.

Looking back, my efforts were a big waste of my time, but fortunately, I didn't stay a dub that long going out harrassing people.

Watchtower, I really tried to see things from your perspective. But, I just couldn't get my head that far up my a**

• new boy
    new boy

After 52 years I think I got most of you beat for years on the J.W. path. I have come to peace with it and even bless it, because of that path I know who I am now. How can that be wrong? Every "right" and "wrong" choice I have ever made has taught me, I have learned more from the wrong ones. I have compassion now were has I was in judgment before. I have true love to all people now, not just the ones who think the way I do. To take that path away, that experience away would put me back in hell. I know that I'm just as wrong about something I think today. But now because of were I've been I can look at all of my ideas as a possiblity of being truth or untruth. The the ablity to look at all thoughts and decide what is true or false to me, is the greatest gift they could have given me, and to you sleepy. You are not sleepy, you are now awaken.

"Ignorance is 100% curable" Jessie Cahill

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury:

El Kabong may look like an idiot and act like an idiot, but don't let that fool you, he IS an idiot.

• jerome
    jerome

El Kabong

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit