Thanks to all on this board!

by writerpen 14 Replies latest jw friends

• writerpen
    writerpen

I joined this group in February, however had been surfing the various websites that expose the Witnesses' lies since being disfellowshipped last August. The support from those sites and this board have been invaluable. Today, I no longer have the fear of having left the organization. The only negative feeling I get is when I see other 30-year-old women who have their Masters Degrees and are married with a family - the normal things God instilled in all of us. When I see these women, it sickens me to think about all the time wasted in my life. I'm happy to announce that I've just been accepted as a student at a local university beginning this fall. I plan to enjoy the rest of my life. Thanks to all of you for your help and support!

• Prisca
    Prisca

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm in the same situation as you - early 30s, never married (was always looking for a "spiritual bro"), no education beyond high school, etc etc.

I too am concentrating on making the most of the rest of my life. It's an exciting feeling, eh?

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Bravo!

The release from guilt that this site and others gives people is priceless

Hmmm

• Angharad
    Angharad

Congratulations Writerpen on getting into Uni.

I've had just started my second year of home study with the Open University and it really has helped me a great deal. What subject are you going to be studying?

Hope it goes well for you.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Yes, well done !!

Good luck with your studies, it's never too late to learn.

I'm still doing exams in my mid thirties but it's well worth it.

• Bang
    Bang

That's great.
    Made me smile on the other side of the earth.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Well - I couldn't find a good "spiritual" brother either. So I found a "wordly" man - slept with him - got kicked out - married him.

A bit of a bumpy ride but all in all I guess we killed 2 birds with one stone: husband + freedom

Prisca & writerpen great job!! Congratulations on pursuing your college degrees. And remember - there's a whole world of possibilities open to you now!! (not to mention lots of cute single guys)

• curlers
    curlers

Congratulations on pursuing your degrees. I was DF'd 21 years ago. I started going to college at 26. I got an Associate at 28 and Bachelor degree at 37. There is nothing like education. I'd like to continue on for my Master's. Too bad JWs don't believe in higher education.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Congratulation Writerpen!! Your post was very encouraging for me!

I can totally relate to your story. All I have to say is:

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Two thumbs up Writerpen!

I hope you continue to see how beautiful life can be with a simple shift of ones thinking!

Keep us up with your progress.

CArmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit