Doing away with Calculating How Close we are to THE END

by FusionTheism 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Two noted paradigms concerning the Watchtower Corporation ..

it establishes bullshit to allure and control people ,

it establishes bullshit to retain and exploit people

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

cold comfort.

People in pain want relief. But JWS are not JWS because they believe the GT will come in their life time and will stop being JW if they knew it would not. They know it is going to come someday and they wait for it. If you would ask a very old JW if he had any regrets because the end did not come, he would answer : "I wish I could have served God more during my youth and during my life. I wish that I could have done more. If I could live my life all over again, I would have given more to God and to the organization. I only regret no doing more. God has been good to me"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"I wish I could have served God more during my youth and during my life.

Yep it was said just after eating some cheap bottom priced dog food, the only thing the poor sod could afford

Of course this comes from a pretentiously biased JW apologetic who twists everything to appeal the Watchtower Corporation.

Fisherman, who's obviously a JWS doesn't seem to be concerned in telling " The Truth "

Which is kind of ironic in itself.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I bet a few old pioneers will being says ... " Oh Dam you mean all I was doing all those years was serving a commercialized false prophet, running their own publishing house ? "

God dam it !

• Alive!
    Alive!

Fisherman,

It's a beautiful thing to only wish to have served God more, as we look back over life - but to feel peace in that we did our best, in the circumstances that we lived through at different times in our lives.

Serving God means many things, from applying a Servant's heart to relationships, caring for others spiritually, emotionally and materially.

Wholehearted Service to many JWs is about pioneering - that has been my honest observation.

'Reachjng out' for a graded set of service goals....

There are countless self confessed servers of Christ who are not JWs - who have lived a life of service..giving, giving and giving of their lives. Working in areas where there is little if any financial reward, trying to apply wisdom in their lives....making a difference.

My hours of devoted service? I distributed literature filled with overwhelming error, false teachings - and I didn't have the courtesy to distribute them as an optional spiritual offering - as in 'could this be a correct interpretation? What do you think?' I was taught a manipulative script, with no room for the listener to make a choice as to which bits they resonated with - it was all or nothing. Mad revelation climax stuff along with the truer basics of hope.

What a sad example of 'service' to the true God.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

There are countless self confessed servers of Christ who are not JWs - who have lived a life of service.

What a sad example of 'service' to the true God.

I was not referring to how others feel about their religions. And I was not asking about how others feel about JW beliefs. I was commenting on why JWS are JW.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

At the "Pursue Peace" ( please don't sue us ) Circuit Assembly, the Circuit overseer used the phrase, " in this final push " when referring to the preaching work. So they are still saying it's really close.

How do they know it's the final push if they can't know the day and the hour??

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well said Alive! felt exactly the same way at one time.

Fisherman says ....

I was commenting on why JWS are JW.

Who were or are the JWS really serving the will and purpose of Jehovah god as instructed through his son or the will and purpose of the Watchtower Corporation and the men running this publishing institution. ?

Think deep about this question

• Half banana
    Half banana

It wouldn’t be so bad if the Bible was God’s word. But the Bible is a flawed and mainly Roman Catholic fraud.

It wouldn’t be so bad if Jesus was actually God’s son. But he was the Jewish name given to an old saviour myth with cult appeal to both Jews and non-Jews.

It wouldn’t be so bad if there truly was an end to the worst things in the world... and although science and technology have greatly improved our lives, for the moment there is no hope of immortality or world peace. We just have to appreciate what we have and make the best of our short life on a beautiful planet.

In the mean time, doomsday cults fleece their flock on the basis of a never arriving dream of a never coming kingdom...the poor and uneducated devoting their lives to a confidence trick... just like early Jesus cults did nearly two thousand years ago.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

In the "prophecy" of Matt. 24:45-51, isn't this exactly what Jesus foretold?

The slave says in his heart, "My master is delaying." Then he turns to beating (and robbing) his fellow slaves and eats and drinks with the confirmed drunkards (TV/Internet evangelists and hedge fund investors).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit