Raw Pain

by Cassiline 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Recently a poster left here, shortly after I found the reason why. While listening to this person I could not only hear the feelings of raw pain I could feel them as well. This hurt.
    For this person exposed them self on the forum as a silentlamb not only for support, camaraderie, friendship but also to share their own thoughts and views.

I too did the same, put my story up for the “world” to read not for sympathy but in hopes of helping someone else. I believe that may have been one of the reasons the poster above shared their story to help others and reach out. The poster above was attacked over and over. This reminded me of the JW’s. Do you have proof? Where is your proof I demand 2 witnesses! How can that be when you act this way and not another? I ask, who is to say how one is to act? Why not take that posters story at face value, show support and kindness, for they are reaching out for a reason, one you may never know or need to know. But to know that you have given a person a warm welcome and some hope is better then hurt and cruelty.

Ones personality may clash with another’s but that does not mean that this person is lying or trying to gain anything from sharing. Myself for instance I like to joke it’s a way around the pain. Others may have their own way of coping but WHY attack that person because you may disagree with them? Why not give the benefit of the doubt instead of the jabs and nasty comments? I cannot say I have never been guilty of a jab or nasty comment to someone on the board, but it usually went along with someone trying to push his or her religion down my throat.

I see posters this way,

Infants;
    Newly out of the religion or just starting to investigate it. As an infant one is needful, may express ideas that have been posted before and are met with a post, “oh this AGAIN?”
    Infants need support from those who are “Adults” guidance, so they may learn and move forward in their journey. Infants are in constant need at times because they lack the knowledge that some have acquired from years of research, study and personal experiences.

Toddlers;
    Have learned a great deal very fast and its hard to take in all at once, so the constant questions, WHY, WHY, WHY??? For those of you who have the answers please try and guide them to the post that may contain the answers or try and help instead of ignoring.
    Toddlers are easy to anger because they may not understand all that has been provided to them or they may NOW SEE how the WTBTS used and some feel their life has been wasted for years. They strive to understand the void that is now in their life but it is hard.
    BTW I place myself in the above category.

Adults;
    Yes I skip to adults. I see adults here as those with an incredible amount of knowledge they have gleaned through research, study and experience. They have provided enormous amounts of insight and help. But at times become angered because things don’t seem to flow properly. Their abilities may be called upon time and time again because one sees them as having answers they have sought for years. Patience and a kind word go a long way.

I write this because I have seen so many attacked the past several days, yes there are trolls, but I am speaking of those who are truly reaching out for help. I am not directing this post at anyone in general but please allow those who need to express themselves the way they see fit, if it be questions that have been answered, fluff, or what have you. Please give all a chance. For the one person who has come here for help may be hurting so deeply inside that they feel this board may be a last resort of sorts. Why some act and do differently then we may expect or accept is not our place to question. Reach out and give a little, for those of you who find it hard to give because you to are experiencing pain I hope that you will be able to share without being attacked and accepted with warmth and kindness.

Just some thoughts.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Xena
    Xena

Amen Cassi

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    CASSI

• Matty
    Matty

You are a darling C. I think sometimes some of the established posters can be a bit mean to newbies. A lot of us newer ones here are pretty traumatised, and we can seem a bit stange with our ideas at first; we might even contadict our own posts - it just reflects the confused state we're in!

Perhaps some want to vent all the angst they have stored up within themselves for a very long time, and it doesn't come out quite right, but just be patient with us please!

M

• larc
    larc

Very good words Cassi,

When people first post here, they are nervous. I know I was, and I was posting to a humor thread. I have been out for a very long time, so my emotional baggage is minimal. I can see how tough it is for someone who recently left, and is very emotional about posting here.

I think we should all do our best to be "approachable."

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Larc,

I think we should all do our best to be "approachable."

Larc you summed it up so very well, used one word and I rambled forever!!

((((((((((( Larc ))))))))))))

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Kismet
    Kismet

Cassiline:

You are a class act! Excellent post and words/ideas definitely worth heeding.

Thank you.

Kismet

• DB
    DB

Good post cassiline!

I too feel strongly that posters should be given the benefit of the doubt, and that personal attacks are uncalled for.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Is it possible, Cass, that you could take our apologies back to that poster? Ask her to please come back and give this forum one more chance.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Dutchie,

I tried and I tried to get this poster to reconsider but the response was,

"Why should I let them damage me"

C

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit