Losing my religion

by professor 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Quotes
    Quotes

LOL @ DakotaRed. Dakota, if you need a Regional Overseer in Canada to look after the single ladies, and counting the money, I would be interested in applying for the position.

{*SMACK* to the side of my head from my beautiful wife}

OK, I can only count the money....

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out: http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

There are a few religions that do not claim superiority over any others. Most Pagan religions view other religions to be just as viable and equal. From your requirements professor it sounds like some good ol' paganism is just what the doctor ordered. However, you'll end up having to drop all JW and christian baggage.

• FetterFree Annie
    FetterFree Annie

Hello Professor: You can't shop for a religion like you would shop for a set of pens. Actually, maybe you can!

What is religion? It is the man's attempt to follow a set of rules and regulations and perhaps in the process live a better life.

For many organized religions death is not the end-if we've been true to the tenets of the faith we hope to pass on to whatever afterlife is promised.

I noticed you were still interested in the Bible. I'm here to tell you, if I may, that the Bible is not about religion. That's only true, however, if you were willing to study the WHOLE bible, not some verses selected by an organization (read cult) to support their false doctrines.

Jesus was not a friend of the organised religion of His day, because He constantly had run-ins with the Pharisees, the religuous leaders. He even called them 'a generation of vipers.' Sounds like an apt description of Watchtower Org to me.

I'm urging you to not give up on the Bible, to read it for yourself. Please do not read the New World Translation, but any of the other versions available at the local bookstore. Start with John's gospel. The Word was God (not a god).

Also, Randy's testimony is inspiring. I don't have the computer smarts to bring up the link. Try www.freeminds.org

Good Luck in your search. I hope you find what you're looking for.

"Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near."
    Is.55:6

• professor
    professor

Thanks all for your intelligent comments.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think I lost my religion in the cushions of my couch.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit