freedom of thought

by carlitos71 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• zanex
    zanex

Welcome carlitos71! It gets better from here on out...least I think so...PEACE! I got the cure within the quotes below...LOL

"pop another pill, it will all become clearer...TRUST ME"

-Z-

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    the so called 1914 generation prophecy was shot to hell and their stand on higher education had changed.

As far as I know, at leat up to the year 2000, they still stand on the year 1914 as being the year Christ took his place on his throne. As for how that has an effect on the anointed class I don't think any of them are too clear what they believe.

Regarding higher education, it seems to me to be a toos up. It depends on what part of the world your in when you ask.

.........................It's the silence between the notes, that make the music.....................
    http://my.cybersoup.com/plumcrazy
  • Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I started to really feel that I had thrown my life away being a goody-goody

Not at all. Life is a journey of discovery...so you discovered and you've learned. Keep moving down that road, like the rest of us, just trying to figure out what life's all about.

Welcome to the board...I enjoyed your post!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Obiwan,

The 1914-generation thing changed with a series of articles in the 1995 Watchtower. In short, a generation is now understood by the JW's to not mean a PERIOD OF TIME, but rather A WICKED GROUP OF PEOPLE.

They had to back away from the PERIOD OF TIME understanding, because it was 81 years after 1914, and hey, the people alive then were dying off sooner than Armageddon was coming!! So now, the "generation teaching" is that a wicked generation will die at an unspecified future time in God's War of Armageddon.

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

• obiwan
    obiwan

I'm sorry,but that makes no sense at all.It sounds like they are trying to save face.

WOW It's a wide open world,use your
    own thoughts.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Obiwan,

That is a perceptive comment.

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

• obiwan
    obiwan

Don't tell any other jw's or they might think I have freedom of thought!

WOW It's a wide open world,use your
    own thoughts.

• carlitos71
    carlitos71

Thanks to all the support from all you guys and gals. It seems that I'm not the only one out there that feels that I was scammed by all these man-made laws. Sometimes I just think to myself and say "What the fuck was I thinking, doing all this bullshit year after year and not even checking any background work on these people checking to see if they are right" Well that's a cosequence of fear of asking because the allmighty GB condones apostasy.

Well talk to guys later,

One angry latino

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Carolbell:
    Hang in there because I can promise you that these people are very serious with what they believe not knowing they are alienating their own "blood relatives". As far as your relative making fun of the preacher, well that's a consequence of religion bashing in the JW's meeting after meeting after meeting....well you get my point.

Good luck and hope to hear from you soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit