freedom of thought

by carlitos71 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• carlitos71
    carlitos71

This is my first ever posting on any web forum so please excuse the shortness or scattered ideas. I was raised as a witness for around 25 yrs. since I was 5 yrs. old, so I know how this damn PR machine works.(WTS) For the most part I thought I had the "truth" up until I started out in the real world as a contributing member of society, that is get married, get a job and pay the bills. All the BS that was fed to me since I was a kid started to crumble down when the so called 1914 generation prophecy was shot to hell and their stand on higher education had changed. I started to really feel that I had thrown my life away being a goody-goody because I started to see that things are not the way they are according to the WTS. For example not everyone out there is evil, you are not going to be a bad person by getting a higher education, there are far worse people in this religion than in others, and so on and so on. One thing that really bothers me now is that I have blood relatives that will go as far as to not even say hi to me since I've left. This to me is mind control at it's best and I just feel sorry for them for being so blind in following human ideas rather than Christ's.

Well this is it for now, I feel much better getting this off my chest since it really bothers me.

• Elders_Kid
    Elders_Kid

c-71:
    Welcome aboard!!
    Instead of trying to think of something intelligent to say, I will refer you to my first post on this board.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=26277&site=3
    I believe that many of us share these similar expieriences, and have found that this is an excellent place to help with the healing of old wounds.

EK

• bajarama
    bajarama

carlitos71,

Hello and welcome to the board. I know how you feel about being shunned by family and old friends. I always thought blood was ticker than water. I was wrong, never uderestimate the power of mind control.

baja

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hello and welcome!

I was born and raised a JW too, and I also had to forsake getting an education simply because the Society frowned upon it. But the past is the past, and I prefer to get on with my life. We were all duped by the Borg, and there's nothing we can do to change it, only to make sure we never get sucked into anything like that again.

I wish you well on your spiritual journey.

• carolbell
    carolbell

This is my first time on this forum.6 years ago my three married children decided to become a J.W. MY oldest daughter and my son were baptized.My son is still a J.W. His wife has since gotten a divorce partly because of J.W.'s.He has the kids.His oldest daughter wants out but he wont let her. He really has become strange. He went to Grandmothers funeral and made fun of preacher the whole time.He doesnt have much to do with my oldest daughter because she quit J.W's.His Oldest daughter tried to committ suicide,I had to force him to go to emergency room. They had her in intensive care and said she wouldnt be out of the woods until 2 am.He said well,it is 2 am and she is still here so lets go home. In waiting room he read the watchtower only.His biggest concern was signing paper so she wouldnt get blood if needed.The congo. punished her for trying to committ suicide by making her go on field service but couldnt leave the car. she went to school and had floats etc. she painted her face,since they are called the Indians. A witness spotted her and reported her to the congo. she got in trouble for that ,can you believe that? sick people!

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Welcome to the board!

-Rick
    "Keeping an eye on the Watchtower deviants"

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Welcome Carlitos.

Yes, it is interesting that when we leave the JW's we meet people in the so-called 'world' that show more love and compassion that those former JW friends we had. People who can express more true feeling and caring for others that they associate with on a daily basis...without any of the rules and regulations imposed on them by a controlling legalistic organization.

I hope you enjoy your freedom; and expressing yourself on the forum.

Carolbell,

A very warm welcome to you too. I recently attended a family funeral where active JW's displayed the same mocking attitude you described. Sad, and pitiful isn't it?

I'm sorry you have had to see your son become involved in this dangerous religion, and that you saw just how ingrained he is with their unscriptual doctrines during his own daughter's hospitalization.

I know it must be causing you untold personal pain.

Glad you joined in, and look forward to hearing more from you.

• carolbell
    carolbell

ZaZuwitts:Now his second daughter Sarah who will soon be 10 years old has decided she wants to be a J.W. She is going to be baptized next year.They are prepping her for this. poor kid. there is nothing I can do because the witnesses have told her not to listen to anyone who denounces the Witness.

• SYN
    SYN

Hi Carlitos! You'll find many kindred spirits here!

They've been digging in the Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and an older caveman culture. Recently, they reached another layer of fused green glass.

• obiwan
    obiwan

Well please excuse me on sounding stupid I've been DF'D since 1990
    what are the changes on the 1914 generation and higher ed.I am sorry about your family I know your pain,it is a tool they use in a very
    cruel manner.

WOW It's a wide open world,use your
    own thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit