Christmas Beliefs!

by J-DUBBED 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

Do Jehova Wingnuts believe Jesus Birthday isn't Dec 25? Or do they just plain and simple not believe in any Birthday?

• Raton
    Raton

They do not believe Jesus was born on Dec 25 (most don't) and they also do not celebrate any birthdays.

• millie210
    millie210

In addition, they dont celebrate certain holidays perceived as having pagan origins such as the winter holidays.

• Heaven
    Heaven

"Jehova Wingnuts"... LOL!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Jesus was almost certainly NOT born on December 25th.

That being said, the peculiar beliefs of Jehovah's Witness have developed over the last couple of centuries. As different individuals have taken control of the organization over time, they each have made significant changes in doctrines, practices and "beliefs" in order to create a religion in their own image.

Charles Taze Russell, as misguided as he was, likely actually believed he was discovering (or perhaps "rediscovering") revealed truth. In his time they celebrated Christmas.

After he died, Joseph Rutherford, who was an opportunist and a bully, drastically altered the religion, again morphing it into his own image. As a lawyer (of questionable credentials) he transformed the religion into the highly legalistic entity it is even to this day.

From Rutherford's time until now the emphasis has been on being different and unique. The Bible, while omnipresent, has largely been a mere prop to lend credibility to their doctrines and beliefs.

Oddly, the current Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses has recently made changes that superficially make the religion appear more mainstream. Although they still don't celebrate Christmas and they will disfellowship you for openly criticizing the WT leadership, they now have their very own TV show very much like the 700 Club and a myriad of other televangelists.

Oh, and they need your money. Lots of it!

Let's review: It's a cult!

-

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

Oh well...........................I have never seen Jesus' Birth Certificate but I'm going to still say tomorrow is his Birthday. I have believed that for the last 50+ years and it's been working good so far. Well that's up until our boy was told different. They do accept the stat. pay from their job for the said holidays and they believe that's all good.

• Raton
    Raton

They are definitely hypocrites.

Merry Christmas!!!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

They always told me "The lambs were in the field"...and that it was Spring.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Let's not forget that all-important nonlogical jdub teaching that birthday celebrations result in death.

So, nooooo, you cannot possibly commemorate the most important things in life...like the creation of new people!

• Aroq
    Aroq

Really does it matter what day Jesus was born? Nope not really. The fact of the matter is that He was. How bad is it that we get a couple days off from work, to celebrate the birth of our Lord? Do JW's go to work anyway, or do they take that day off? I think they should not accept the day off or any other "perk".

While writing this, something came to mind. This has been my experience so it could be different for all of you, but I have noticed that the JW's have a costume party for the kids not on Halloween, but a week or two after. They have Turkeyday, not on thanksgiving mind you, a few days or a week later. Present day seems to come around a couple weeks after Christmas. Really? Do they think they are fooling anyone? I actually slipped up and said something about the costume party thing, " oh, this is the halloween party not on halloween?" and the comment was totally ignored.

They like to play the game that they don't do this or that, but do it anyway and call it something else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit