Do do do do do you remember..

by tim hooper 18 Replies latest jw friends

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Does anyone else recall the big chart that hung at the front of every Kingdom Hall?

It would be about 5 feet x 4 feet. On the side of the chart, vertically listed, were the months of the year. Running across the top were the words: PIOS, PUBS, HOURS, AVG.HOURS, BC's, B.STUDS, BKS, MAGS. Each column would be filled in with glued numerals, black for what had been achieved, red for actual targets.

The chart would always intrigue newcomers to the KH, especially the bit about pubs.

The big chart was done away with sometime in the 60's and a much smaller version pinned to the notice board at the rear of the hall.

I'd be interested to see if anyone had a pic that actually showed the chart.

• Prefect
    Prefect

I remember that well.

London congregation.

Kinston Upon Thames.

• Prefect
    Prefect

Sorry. Cannot spell properly.

Kingston Upon Thames.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

My family would sometimes visit the Kingston KH. I was very young and it was very dilapidated, I think it was rented.

Dad had a Bible study who lived there, his name was Len Hobbs.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

O yea----I remember. Hey I even got to paste some of the numbers on the chart. lol--the s**t we use to do for Jehober. Graphs, charts, magical calculations, and of course the ever popular 'type/antitypes'.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

OMG!

If you remember this..............you are old!

Unfortunately, I remember it all too well.

Doc

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Oh yeah, I remember, I am that old.

• Prefect
    Prefect

Yes Tim Hooper

It was a rented hall when we attended it many years ago when I was young.

I remember Len Hobbs.

It was the old market hall in the centre of the market.

In the winter to heat the hall there was a open coal fire and a brother used to sit near the fire feeding the fire with old 78rpm records of Judge Rutherford recordings. There was a stack of them in a back room.

Also in the warm summer the place stank from the fruit and veg market below.

OH Happy Days

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I used to cut the numbers and paste them on the board. Black digits indicated the publishers met the required quota and red digits meant the congregation was short. In these days publishers were required to do 10 hours, 6 back calls, place 12 mags and conduct one study. That board was at the front of the hall during the week night meeting but it was stored away for the Sunday meeting if I remember well.

• freddo
    freddo
    I just about remember this - I was a tiny kid so I'm guessing they did away with it in the mid 1960's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit