WTBT$/JW's = AMWAY/MLM Schemes

by Darth Fader The Sequel 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My Dad seemed especially susceptible to MLMs.

Drove my Mom nuts.

• talesin
    talesin

nonjwspouse - now that is a great thing to read. You used this as an opportunity to teach, and turned a negative into a positive.

• prologos
    prologos

talesin, that tithing hint was in the 'contribution' letter read at this week's service meeting. : "-- give in proportion* to your income (jehvah's blessings)"

proportion = a percentage. 10%?

and not just income, perhaps equity?

There is an anti-christmas "party" for the "ins" here today.-- it will not be a wt or other pyramid promoting -portunity.!. the brake man!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

"All of the WTS tactics and procedures are based off of your most basic MLM (multi-level marketing) schemes. Take your pick of Amway, or any of the other vitamin or financial MLM's. They all work the exact same way. The power structure, phony hierarchy, silly name tags and graduated titles, public recognition of high achievers, special delegates to conventions and gatherings, exclusive meetings for high achievers, special publications for certain "leaders", hyperbolic testimonials....... everything. EVERYTHING IS AMWAY WITH THE JW's!!!"

you know, this was one of the many things which helped wake me up. Our family joined "Melaleuca" and the similarities were so striking, I couldn't help comparing it to the JW meetings & all the things you mentioned above! The conventions and assemblies felt like big sales meetings. And when you met people, there was a sudden conflict of interest -- do you tell them about the Kingdom or do you tell them about Melaleuca?? lol

it was all so silly.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious
    The head of Melaleuca is a devout Mormon.. for whatever that is worth. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit