Did you grow weary in "well doing"?

by compound complex 15 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Holman Christian Standard Bible; Galations 6:9.

I just now remembered an old WT article about the things that discourage us about our imperfect selves. One such disappointment in ourselves is that we know we should continue doing good unto others, but we're simply worn out. Then we (are made to) feel guilty. To be fair, however, I do recall some encouraging advice. Of course, the bottom line has always been to get some rest and then hit the treadmill again!

Did you tire out from all your JW-related theocratic activities?

Thanks.

CoCo

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I've never felt better in my entire life since leaving WT 3+ years ago.

It's amazing what happens when you step off the treadmill and really begin to live.

we know we should continue doing good unto others, but we're simply worn out.

JWs would have time to help others... if only they weren't so exhausted doing slave labor for WT's corporate interests.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good point, ADCMS, about the slave labor aspect.

You can't count time helping your brother or sister in need. Some goodhearted souls, of course, couldn't care less about official directives and simply go ahead and do the right thing.

Thanks,

CC

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Hell yeah I get tired of it. I had to conduct the damn wt study sunday. Hard to stomach the complete and utter BS.

Just say you're an effing real estate conglomerate and be done with it. We don't need any god damn ark references.

-TE

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you for replying, TTATTelder.

Your point is well taken. You're probably happy to be where you are now. I'm a little surprised so few forum members tired out on the WT treadmill. Perhaps they're thinking of an answer . . .

CC

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I dug a lot of wells during droughts.....the plants needed water. I didnt grow too weary. Had a back hoe and drilling rig along with a handful of laborers.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am the same as ADCMS, feeling very refreshed since leaving, mind you, I was hardly on the WT Treadmill at all for a few years before leaving, I resigned as an M.S one year, stopped F.S the following year, and walked away in year 3.

But certainly since leaving I have done a lot of voluntary stuff to help others in the Community, which would be frowned upon by JW's as wasting time that could have been spent door knocking, as well as running around and helping my neighbours as I always have done.

All of this gives me pleasure, especially around this time of year, as I wish all a Happy Christmas, something I could never do as a JW.

The years of the endless JW treadmill, consisting of boring, pointless Meetings, and pointless F.S was wearing, and in the end gave me serious depression. I was able to overcome that once I had left for good and found the real life.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, SOP and Phizzy:

That's the point: worthwhile work may tire us physically, but we're charged up because we see the end result as something good. No wonder so many JWs are depressed. Being told repeatedly that an activity producing diminishing returns is a wonderful thing simply does not raise our low spirits.

Gratefully.

CC

• piztjw
    piztjw

I thought about trying to make a full comment. . .but I'm just TOO DAMN TIRED!

• compound complex
    compound complex

GET SOME REST, piztjw!

Thanks!

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit