Campaign to Israel

by humanperson 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• humanperson
    humanperson

Hi! I'm new here. I have been wanting to introduce myself but I don't know where to begin. My husband and I are enjoying our third guilt-free weekend of our lives (both born-in, almost 30). He has been out mentally for the last year and a half but patiently waited for me to come around. I owe him everything. I am so thankful to this site and the members here who have helped make this transition easier. Thank you So much.

I would love to know what you all think about the huge campaign JWs are planning for Israel. I missed the inital letter being read about it, and have been faking excitement about the whole thing for a few months now. Doesn't this seem like a really, truly terrible idea? Sending inexperienced people to preach in a place that is pretty volatile and openly hostile to Christians? Is it a publicity stunt? Are they hoping something bad will happen? If it's really about reaching the ends of the earth, why not India or something?

Quite a few people I know have applied to go. So far, none of them have been accepted and I have to say I am relieved.

So what do you guys think? (I couldn't find anything in the archives - but maybe I missed a discussion of this?)

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Welcome!

There's a couple threads on the isreal thing (one is linked below, I can't find the other right off) floating around that you might be interested in.

www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/287573/1/Didnt-the-Governing-Body-tell-us-Israel-is-safe

Speaking as a born-in husband that's woken up to TTATT about 8 months ago (I was disillusioned for a long time prior and just sort-of on autopilot) with a wife that still believes, I'd love to hear your account of how your husband was able to reach you through all the mental blocks that the cult puts in place. So far I haven't gotten very far with my wife - nothing seems to phase her since she doesn't really have a grasp on what it is that she's a part of. She's just in it because all her friends are, and it's all she's ever known.

Edit: Found the other thread for you:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/285095/1/Watchtower-encouraging-members-to-go-and-preach-in-Israel

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

hello and welcome!

congratulations to You and your husband. As a born-in and almost 30 myself i imagine That You have most of your friends and Family still in so it must be(or have been) difficult to deal with the"group" opinion.

like OneEyedJjoe i'm interested in knowing how your husband touched You...i also have my wife fully indoctrinated into jw.org things...while i'm awake for 4 years now...

ses you ;)

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

like OneEyedJjoe i'm interested in knowing how your husband touched You

Hey, whoa there. don't put words in my mouth. How her husband touches her is none of my business.

sorry, i'm a 12-year-old sometimes.

• Ajax
    Ajax

JWs in Israel..hahaha

• Aroq
    Aroq

I had an aunt that was/is applying to go. I asked her why she has to apply? If she has to go on her own dime and find her own accomodations, then what exactly is she waiting for?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Whoever thought of the idea of sending totally ignorant JW's, who actually think they are superior and know more than the people they are going to "preach" to, either has a Tremendous sense of humour, or, far more likely, is looking for Martyrs.

They can spin it all sorts of ways when these poor, benighted JW's get into trouble, as they surely will do.

• label licker
    label licker

Just listen to some of the Torah teachers/rabbis on line and every so often they will tell you how there are bomb shelters all over Isreal and how it's not safe in certain areas. And these guys would know for they live over there. I think it's disgusting that the cult hides themselves behind blind naive sisters and tells them it's ok to go over.

There are two over in our old hall that want to go and they are dumb as door knobs. One still lives with her parents(the father is not a joho and is against his daughter going) and the other was raised mexican mennonite turned joho and is clueless. She is seperated from her husband and the elders are ok with her going over to Isreal. Her husband is against her going but she is still going anyways. She's a beautiful girl and could have been a model. Lets hope if they go over that no one knows the one gal left her husband because he refused to be a good boy in the cult.

The guys will be all over these two single sisters. The other sister had just completed her nursing school and also is very stand out pretty. Her father is just livid about them going.

I hate what this cult has done to me, my family as well as others. I'm surprised no one has attempted to pay back to them what they have dealt out.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

If the end doesn't come we are going to make sure we start something....they are going to Israel to have new stories in the year book of year ?????..

We will one day read how some went to Israel & were persecuted...blah blah blah...

They are going.... to be persecuted....they haven't been persecuted in a long time because most folks don't care if you are a witness....but think of this...while they are there...they may find out about 607 BC...ah, maybe God is intervening & sending them there to show that...no..not 607 BC....Or...God did say, when the Jews come back & believe in Jesus, that's when he'll move....so maybe the witnesses don't know that they will be doing God's will. Because the society feels that the Jews have been cut off, but not....

The society wants to see who will die for them....

Legacy

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

I have an uber JW cousin that is applying to go to Israel and has her head so far up in the clouds she doesn't see any danger or threat, she's traveled all over as a single woman and had no problems so why should this be any different she says! Get a clue people! And yeah WTF do you have to apply to go, just go if you think Israel needs to be preached too so much! these people are unbelievable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit