crazy analogy question regarding Jesus' divinity [or lack of]

by TTWSYF 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I heard a preist pose this question and I'll admit, it made me think.

If your neighbor had a dog and a monkey and his dog bite you. Would you accept an apology from the neighbors monkey?

Just asking

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Meaning if man offended God with the fall from grace, why would God accept an angel's crucifixtion to make amends? That is if angels are above humanity, they would be the monkey, we would be the dog.

There, I connected the dots [didn't I?]

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

That seems like a flawed analogy. If "you" in this analogy is God, then the neighbor is... who? Who owns the dog and monkey and is therefore responsible for them if one of them bites someone?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

That seems like a flawed analogy. If "you" in this analogy is God, then the neighbor is... who? Who owns the dog and monkey and is therefore responsible for them if one of them bites someone?

This.

A more fitting (and even more incomprehensible) analogy is: A man has a dog that craps on his lawn so he kills his son.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm literally LOL at that

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

So am I, that's a classic!!!

• Giordano
    Giordano

One eyed Joe that is the best analogy for God and Jesus' relationship! Somewhere in our Christmas celebration I am going to slide that one in.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

A more fitting (and even more incomprehensible) analogy is: A man has a dog that craps on his lawn so he kills his son.

Don't forget to add, he kills his son to offer a sacrifice to himself.

• The Truth Shall Set Us FREE!
    The Truth Shall Set Us FREE!

One Eyed Joe: LOL when taken out of context :-)

The context: A man has a dog that craps on his lawn, so he is about to kill his dog when the son intervenes and pleads for the dogs life. The father says to his son that the dog was warned of not crapping on the lawn and now has to die for disrespecting his command, and the son pleads more for the dog's life, and says that he wants to die instead of the dog because he loves the dog so much. Eventually the father sends the son to jail (hell) instead, for three days, and then he bails his son out again, and tells him that the dog now belongs to him and shall be with him forever...

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

....and all the while, the crap just sits there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit