Leaving with Dignity - a sample document

by Ajax 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ajax
    Ajax

We live in democratic, not theocratic times.

Churches no longer imprison, torture or execute.

Cults have absolutely no authority over non members

We don't have to believe

We don't have to obey

We don't have to subject our selves

We can leave when we want and eventually we will all leave, so let's prepare now for those who are ready now.

SAHS a mmber here, recently posted to the effect that the Universal Declaration of Human Rightswould be the most dignified and respected authority for those serious for freedom.

There are thousands of individual situations and corresponding resignations pending - if what is posted here and the net is to be believed.

I thought a reasonable first step would be to craft a concise, non inflamatory, document of intent that could be used as a stand alone resignation or as a prepratory cover letter for those who might go further.

First draft - please comment

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To the fullest extent that the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Article 18 Freedom of belief and religion (attached)

may apply to me,__Former Lee Ajax____as of this day___December, 2o, 2014__, to that fullest extent, do I hereby reject any and all ecclesial privileges, authorities, obligations, and influences which may have been accorded or presumed by both Watchtower Bible and Tract Society et al, and Jehovahs Witnesses et al, regarding the free citizens of ___Rutherford__County, _Yourown_______ State.

Notarized before me _____________ , this day___________,2014 Signature __Former L. Ajax_____

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry can't format this very well

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great idea.

Of course amongst the org and witnesses, they will label you as "acting in a proud or a brazen manner and turning your back on Jehobah"

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I like it, if it makes you feel better about yourself and your decision go fo it!

• Ajax
    Ajax

Stuck in -

thanks for your input.

Pretty hard for a church to label as brazen someone who is exercising a universally sanctioned religious right.

That would be exactly the kind of intimidation the Declaration would be targeting.

• Ajax
    Ajax

Frankie speakin -

I'm long gone 20 years, so, Not doing this for me.

They track and hunt you for the rest of your life -

This is YOU severing the ties in a 'legal' fashion as you leave . They can't do anything aterwards, no announcements, no JC no DF.

You are in control here. Their rights are finished .

• zeb
    zeb

I fear this is still playing their game of legalistic documentation. I never received any certificate on baptism therefore i dont give one to go. But for those who have been harassed it could be a good idea.

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

I've never really understood the urge to honour them with a resignation (unless it's to stop harassment).

I just decided it was me who determined my religious status, no one else. So I just stopped going and cut them off. I did step down first ('health'), I thought that was the right thing to do. I never went back after it was announced. I didn't bother myself or them with anything written. In time they got the idea.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I heard a story about a disgruntled Witness who took a can of spray paint and wrote 'Piss Off!!!' on the KH front door. Is that a DFing offense?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey navytown, it can't be any worse than all of us being here on this forum!

hehe

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks again Ajax, it is a great idea, and of course, if it is never needed it just sits in a drawer at home or somewhere, just in case.

But, like an Insurance policy, you just never know when you may need to call upon it.

Even if it never gets used, it can give us that tremendous sense of both being in total control ourselves, and of closure.

Neither of those things were available to us Faders before you came up with this great idea, well done !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit