Do You Consider Jehovah's Witnesses A Boring Group of People???

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

I think the Org takes ordinary people and makes them boring.

• minimus
    minimus

JWs can't simply express themselves. They cannot develop their true selves.their potential is wasted.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The people themselves aren't boring, but the religion is the most boring, dried up religion on the face of the earth.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

More annoying than boring, maybe.

• Gratefullyunstuck
    Gratefullyunstuck

I've got more excitement from the frozen haddock in my freezer.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The watchtower squeezes out anything interesting out of its followers. What is left are drones who have a single purpose - "Advertise, Adevertise, Advertise the King and its Kingdom." Actually, not really, the purpose is to get enough hours on your time card so no elder comes a-knocking.

I think that the Watchtower in the 1950s and 1960s were interesting. I am not sure at what point they turned into drones, but they did.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Incredibly boring.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

You ask if they are a "boring group of people". Yes as a group they are. When you get them alone they often brighten up because they are not pressured to conform to their peers. I was always self conscious about how boring they were when I was with them because I knew I must appear the same. I tried to be different and perhaps that is part of how I woke up.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I think JWs are boring is because they are afraid to express a unique, individual opinion about anything. They are always afraid of what others might think, whether they are sounding worldly, or whether they might 'stumble' someone. So JWs tend to just talk about very mundane, safe topics. Plus in the 80s we used to have large congregation picnics, beach parties, etc but now large gatherings are frowned on. Even when going to a movie or watching a TV program, Witnesses have to censor their entertainment choices for fear of being ratted out to the Elders. All in all, Witnesses in general live very restricted lives.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well, there are a few more words that come to mind regarding the Dubs (liars, hypocrites, annoying, etc) before I think boring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit