Do You Consider Jehovah's Witnesses A Boring Group of People???

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think they are the most boring people on earth. They are about as exciting as a dead ant.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Boring, yes.

Stupid, double yes.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

As I child, I grew up thinking that bible game trivia was great fun. Its quite a yawn to me these days.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

We camp, go to movies, enjoy a good meal out with friends , nice vacations, enjoy a good drink, etc... A dub can be boring but so can anyone else. Up to the individual. I think that if someone is a boring dub they will most likely be a boring ex-dub

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I won't pile on here, the problem isn't that they are boring people, it is that they aren't allowed to develop their interests.

When I was a JW, I was so tired out I would just sit in front of the TV when I had spare time. Hard to work in a real life around all of the cult activity.

• idiotnomore
    idiotnomore

Atually they are divided. I spent time with some of the friends over the years that enjoyed a good time. Skiing, the theatre, opera, cruises, Las Vegas, theme parks, etc. in addition to tons of parties and get-togethers at the beach. Then there were even those that enjoyed the bars and clubs (very few). The smart ones knew how to take the edge off of living in the borg. But there were many, many that were so damn boring, stiff and regimented I couldn't stand them. One of the reasons I lasted so long in the borg I guess, I never spent a lot of time with those whose every other word out of their mouth was Jehovah, new system, the organization, etc. I couldn't stand them and there were a lot.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Anyone that can sit through a Watchtower study and say it was interesting needs to get a life. My worst nightmare would be to sit through another "Tower" study.

If that is not boring, I don't know what is.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

the problem isn't that they are boring people, it is that they aren't allowed to develop their interests.

I agree. I've known many JWs who had exciting, even enviable lives, before becoming JWs. Once they are in the Org. they fall in line and become, well... boring.

• naazira
    naazira

Awaiting a door to be opened on a Saturday morning is definitely boring!

• Terry
    Terry

Uptight Nerds obsessing over quibbles are always boring to NORMAL people.

They are so busy being RIGHT they forget to experience the joy in life.

A life without joy is not only boring--it is empty, depressing, and pointless.

So, um, yeah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit