Governing Body courageously 'Admit their mistakes'

by LogCon 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LogCon
    LogCon

March 2015 study articleLearn from the illustration of the talents’

Brothers and Sisters worldwide will be overjoyed to know that the Governing Body finally has the

COURAGE TO ADMIT THEIR MISTAKES

Understanding the Illustration of the Talents

When the Master Rewards the Slaves.

When we were wrong: In 1919, Jesus rewarded his anointed slaves on earth by entrusting them with increased responsibility.

Now we are right: When Christ comes in the future, he will reward his faithful anointed slaves by raising them to heaven.

The Wicked and Sluggish Slave.

When we were wrong: The wicked and sluggish slave refers to anointed ones in the 1914 era who refused to share in the preaching work.

Now we are right: Jesus was not foretelling that a group of his anointed followers would make up a wicked slave class. Rather, he was warning his followers about what would happen if they thought and acted in a way that would cause him to view them as wicked and sluggish.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Like the guy who says,

' I was wrong once. It was when I thought I was wrong but I was really right '.

• zeb
    zeb

Perhaps neither, or either or neither either nor neither.

• Heaven
    Heaven

How can these guys make mistakes if Jehovah is directing them?

• Perry
    Perry

So to paraphrase: "once we thought we were wrong, but we were mistaken".

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The 3/2015 WT has a lot of crazy stuff, best one in awhile!

I like the parts about how Jah has had to make the GB more discreet (in other words they have NOT been discreet), and then later on talking about how the groomsmen some were discreet and some were foolish but those apply to the followers of the GB. Anybody with some thinking capacity can put 2+2 together and see the GB are the foolish ones / evil slave by their own interpretations.

• Emery
    Emery

So it's courageous to white wash history and change/remove literature to hide said mistakes? My what a humble organization.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Courageous" is more like reckless abandon.

WT has to know ex-JWs will be all over this article.

If you want to know how humble WT is, just ask them- they'll go on and on about their humility (and courage).

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My, my, my! I really wonder why anyone is still a member of that foolish organization filled with ridiculous beliefs. I'm now EMBARRASSED that my family is in it.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Governing Body courageously 'Admit their mistakes'

I guess I missed the big announcement in the WT where the GB admitted to all JWs their ten-year "mistake" of being an NGO with the U.N.

And their second repeated "mistake" of currently being an NGO with the OSCE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit