There won't be snow in Africa (xmas songs you hate)

by rebel8 10 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Ok so be a Scrooge or Grinch for 5 minutes. You know you want to.

I loooove xmas songs but there are a few that make me cringe.

The old Feed the World. "There won't be snow in Africa." "Do they know it's Christmastime at all?" A favorite song for people ignorant of climates and world religions.

Christmas Shoes. Not sure I can put into words why I hate it so much. I actually turn the radio off when it comes on. I think I'd like to know the name of the guy who paid for the shoes. I've got a Nigerian prince who needs help transferring some money.

Now where's Dominick the Christmas Donkey?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Jingle Bells Rock- makes me homocidal/suicidal - don't know why.

Are you a Bing or a Buble girl?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Felix navidad. I hate that song, I've heard it way too many times, I just find it annoying.

• Violia
    Violia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t039p6xqutU

Christmas at Ground Zero Weird Al

I actually love this song but thought a number of others might hate it.

• Trapped in JW land
    Trapped in JW land

That Mariah Carey song drives me nuts!!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney.

The British public are tortured by endless replays of this song every year.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

My miserable Grumpy Old Git persona comes to the forefront at this time of year.

' I don't give a sh*t who you are, Fatty. Get that f***ing sleigh off my roof'.

Apart from that I'm quite nice and cuddly, really.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

I dont mind christmas, but any christmas song earns the car radio a smack! Anything by Mariah Scarey, or with the sound of bells in it......any kind of bell. Hate them.

• Heaven
    Heaven

rebel8, the 2 songs you've listed rankle me immensely. "Please Come Home For Christmas" irritates me too. As a matter of fact, many Christmas songs do.

One that I do absolutely love though is Metallica's and Trans-Siberian Orchestra's instrumental versions of Carol of the Bells .

• rebel8
    rebel8

Oooh, Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I want to see them IRL sometime.

Grandma got run over by a reindeer. Kill me now.

Buble is ok with me. Who's Bing?

So here's the thing. I pretty much immerse myself in xmas music after Thanksgiving. I listen to a radio station that plays it all the time. Except it's the same versions of the same songs over and over. So many artists have produced xmas music and I do enjoy most of it. Why no variety?

Here's some produced by the children of a current jw (and a jw at the time the album was produced, as far as I can tell.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ1iu3skJeQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit