The Judicial Committee is a Circle of Elders in a Room?

by Shanagirl 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Has this ever happened to anyone who has been DF'd here? Did you walk into a room with a circle of chairs for the whole body of elders?

Shana

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

What would be the reason for them doing this?

Shana

• prologos
    prologos

No, it is smaller,- I think only 3 inqusitioners, executiners. , preceded earlier by a 2 member fact finding session.

The circle of chairs is a mormon procedure setting, well shown in a PBS documentary on a lady "apostate" The comment of the latter day "prophet" : "intellectuals are the greatest threat to our religion",

The intellectual in the chair in the middle .

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Is there some kind of protcol for this arrangement in their elders' book?

Shana

• Zordino
    Zordino

Yes this is more commonly known as a Circle Jerk.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Seriously. I want to know how often this happen s when one is called before a committee, and why the chairs are put in a circle to seat more than 3 elders, but the whole body. Are there any elders on this board who would know the answer to this question?

Shana

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The best way to deal with a JW Judicial Committee is to refuse to participate. Why let yourself be a pawn in their devious game? Nothing good will come of it. Answering ANY of their questions is a sure-fire trap. Just inform them that you won't be participating. Better yet, tell them to piss off and never come back. They are in reality just a bunch of uneducated, self-important nobodies.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Every single rule about judicial committees are in the "Shepherding" book.

How the chairs are arranged is not important. Some might have a circle. There are 3 elders and if it's an appeal there are more elders, but not the whole body of elders (except there are not more than 3 in the body).

• zeb
    zeb

another name for inquisition?

• dozy
    dozy

I served on a few JCs. It can be very intimidating for the accused so I always tried to set out the chairs in a more informal setting , maybe at right angles , rather than 3 or 4 in a row with the accused sitting opposite.

I've never heard of the circle thing ( maybe it is a Mormon idea ) but we did have a complicated appeal where a JW was committing fraud where there were 7 elders. The chairs were put in a kind of semi circle with the head of the committee slightly to the side.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit