Why do ultra rich jehovahs witnesses get a free pass when it comes to being materialistic?

by hoser 31 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

I know a couple of Jws in my town That are both very wealthy. One has upscale retail stores and owns a property development company. The other has a large service company and owns a lot of real estate. They are both elders but are gone away on vacation at least 1/4 of the year. it seems to be accepted for them to miss for business and pleasure travel.

on the other side of the coin is the brother who is struggling financially and misses a few meetings for work to put food on the table and gets counselled for not trusting Jehovah.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yes, they do. All you have to do is some token service, this will prove that material items are less important than Jeehoobers service. Contributions help too. Even poor JWs can be viewed as materialistic if they don't do token service and contribute.

DD

• flipper
    flipper

Hello Hoser- Reason is pretty simple- these wealthier JW's give out green handshakes to the Circuit Overseers and donate money to the WT Society's pedophile defense fund. Just my take anyway. The same rules don't apply to them that apply to poorer JW's. That's why WT Society is a crimal organization. OOne of many reasons. There's no justice or scales of balance

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I found the "triple threat" witnesses the worst.

The triple threat being;

wealth

profession ( Dr, lawyer, engineer, etc)

family connections

These ones were treated like the congregation Kardashions.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

"It MUST be the Truth because these extraordinary, smart, successful, fancy house car clothes thousand dollar brief case people are willing to humble themselves to Jehovah just like us poor worthless shlubs that clean toilets for a living!" - is a sentiment I heard a million times if I heard it once.

Marina

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh yeah marina, I remember people oohing and aahing over how gorgeous their house was

and what the latest dinner party was like and " but theyr'e sooooo spritual" .

Sickening.

• hoser
    hoser

These two guys got rich off the backs of their hardworking jw employees

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It has to realized that some of these rich business people have other people who are JWS working for them in their Halls.

My own Hall had the richest men as elders which always puzzled me.

They drove Cadillacs or Mercedes and lived well, there was kind of class system within the congregation.

To be truthfully honest most rich JWS get awed at like they are something special, particularly if they donate large sums to the Hall every month.

If your a celebrity like Prince, you get even more room to do things that most other JWS in the halls aren't able to do.

• apostrate
    apostrate

Why would a poor working shmuck like me constantly be criticized because my hair was touching my collar, and yet Brother "PRINCE" is welcomed with open arms and praised by other JDubs? Ask a JW about "PRINCE" and watch them immediately change the subject. I haven't seen an AWAKE article that was critical of his music. (In all fairness though, I have to admit it's been quite a few years since I've read an AWAKE).

• apostrate
    apostrate

Finkelstein,

Your post wasn't up yet when I began to formulate my thoughts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit