Can anyone confirm this?

by bafh 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• sir82
    sir82

I'm 100% certain he used to work at Pixar.

As a janitor of course!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

There is no way of knowing, without inside knowledge...but , so what? It is evident that the people doing it are of a professional standard, and they did not get that experience in the Pioneer Ministry !

I have got got to say the new branding maneuvcer is working, at least on some people. SIGH.

That is oh so true.. I am sick of all the silver surfers at the Hall burbling enthusiasticly about the latest vid, or broadcast or the adventures of Caleb & Sophia

People who usually save their pennies now chat about their new smart tv or the best kind of Roku, while they flash around the latest must-have IPad or Galaxy tablet. The best thing about this abject materialism is that it can be enjoyed with a clean conscience because it is for "Kingdom interests" - in theory.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I have got got to say the new branding maneuvcer is working, at least on some people. SIGH

It's working only on clueless, naive, corny, gullible, easily-led JWs who are probably somewhat lacking in intelligence - like some members of my family. And maybe that's the way the org wants it to work. I think the org realizes its days of successful recruiting of normal, intelligent, knowledgeable outsiders are over, so it's concentrating on keeping the ones on the inside who are easily led.

It IS NOT working in the sense that it is turning off and weeding out the few intelligent, honest, reasonable, dignified JWs who still remain, and it is not attracting intelligent, honest, reasonable, dignified new ones. JWdom would never have appealed to me had it been what it is now when I got baptized. I used to argue with my non-JW friends in defense of JWdom and I wanted them to go to meetings and study. Not now. Some of it was embarassing enough back then (boring public talks, etc.), but now it's off-the-charts embarassing and undignified.

she was going on and on about how thrilling it was there were so many changes that she "just can't keep up" and how the society with their website has always been "so ahead of everything" - I almost laughed out loud.

I almost puked! The org is actually "so" behind everything. Dang, she sounds like my mother. I feel your pain. The things the org was "ahead" on (for example, prophesying the end of the world) turned out to be wrong and now it's trying to hide the fact that it was "ahead" in such matters.

JWs are excited because they have "TV" now. Oooh! Wow! How impressive! How in the hell did they do it? How did they think of that novel idea? Must be Jah's spirit.

And yeah, they're changing; that's for sure. They're changing into a bunch of gullible, ignorant, smug, self-righteous buffoons.

And I just don't get the logic - does the fact that they are changing mean they have the one and only truth?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

My mom today said the brother behind the children's annimation used to work at Pixar.

Yes this is actually true. One time i drove by and i saw him cleaning the windows of Pixar

• sparky1
    sparky1

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!!! AND THEY GOT WALT DISNEYS CRYOGENICALLY FROZEN HEAD IN THE DEAL!!!!!!!!

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

This is the variation posted a while back:

Pixar the production company is jealous of Caleb and Sophia video's ///

So said the CO last night.

Apparently a JW was on a flight and just happend to sit next to some big wig from Pixar and when the man from Pixar heard that he was a JW the Pixar man just gushed over what great work that the Watchtower has done in producing the Caleb video's. He siad he only wished Pixar could do such great work. The CO said we are able to do it because we have free labor and Jehovah behind us.

My husband stayed home from the meeting but wanted to tie in by phone and that is what the CO said in his talk.

The CO also talked about all the changes that have happened in the last ten years and how if some of the friends did not like it they needed and to quote him "they just needed to get over it" these changes are going to happned period. Also some have been saying that some of the changes were to save money and that is not the case in the least.

It just made me sick to listen to and I know there are those of you who are going to put me down for listening to the meeting so bring it on and slam me for it. I listened and that is that. I am kind of stuck in the middle with my husband still believing and I want to know what is happening because it still affects me.

OK so now that, that is said, it just made me sick and my head hurts to know that everyone at the meeting was commenting saying how great the changes were and how happy they are for Jehovah speading up the work. The JW's who are in do not seem to be able to see the Wizard behind the curtain. And these are younger ones in the late 20's and 30's.

I am just speachless and I just do not get how anyone can fall for all of this.

LITS

Also for those who do not know Pixar is the one who made such movies as Toy story 1 and 2, Finding Nemo, Mosters Inc, UP, Cars, etc but they are jealous of the Cabeb video. Yeh right!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Close to the dumbest thing I have ever heard!!!!!!! And the borg has said some winners!!!!!!!!!!

• steve2
    steve2

Your dear mother has yet to realize 'all that glitters is not gold'. Good on you for showing her some tolerance and not raining on her parade. She sounds like a positive person even though what she is positive about is cringe-worthy.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The WT are playing to their niche audience - elderly women.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit