Can anyone confirm this?

by bafh 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• bafh
    bafh

My mom today said the brother behind the children's annimation used to work at Pixar. Is that true? If so, can anyone confirm it?

My mom is a regular-pioneer-true-believer-needs-religion-so-drank-the-koolaid kid of person. And she was going on and on about how thrilling it was there were so many changes that she "just can't keep up" and how the society with their website has always been "so ahead of everything" - I almost laughed out loud. Instead, kept my composure, listened and when it seemed natural to do so, changed the subject.

I have got got to say the new branding maneuvcer is working, at least on some people. SIGH.

BAFH

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That is the witness urban myth that was circulated some time back...

I doubt it is true!

If he did work at Pixar, he was probably the window cleaner for the building....(sorry...I couldn't resist)

• jimbojones
    jimbojones

If he did work for Pixar, he was obviously fired for lack of skills. The jw animation is terrible when compared to Pixar's latest stuff. It's embarrassing actually. The caleb videos compare with Toy Story 1 in quality. 20 years behind.

• millie210
    millie210

I agree about the out dated animation. Compare it to something more recent such as "The Croods" for example and see the difference.

If the guy at Bethel used to work at Pixar, then how cutting edge can the Society be?

All that means is they are hiring the "used to's" from somewhere else in this fast moving industry.

That is hardly cutting edge by anyones standards.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

And the fact that your mother is so excited about the new things going on in the religion, and the new website and so forth just shows how uneducated the Witnesses are because they were not allowed to use a computer for years and years. They were not allowed to listen to politics or anything that might teach them something. Really, what right does the GB have to tell us what to do? Our forefathers fought for our freedoms, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, or lack thereof. Yet, they sure have the Witnesses under the control and they like it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Am I the only one who thought the daughter from The Croods was HOT!!?? Sorry, off topic.

Caleb and Sophia are a disgusting brain-washing technique. The ORG is targeting children. They are desperate for their re-branding techniques to work. The old are dying off at an alarming rate. The 40 somethings are burnt out. Many teenagers do what they want in their private lives, they are not all-in. The real hope is that the pre-teens can be captured.

DD

• millie210
    millie210

Am I the only one who thought the daughter from The Croods was HOT!!??

See? I told you that was some good animation!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I love women with a little muscle on them. No Victorias Secret waifs for me.

DD

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

see for example the Awake of 2/8 1984 3 articles. He is probably not the only one with the knowhow.

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

check out www.organistudios.com The owner of the website is the guy who does the animation if I understand correctly. Sound for videos is inserted by WTB&TS in their studios. Organistudios owner (Jimmy) is from Utah(?) and now lives in Maui, attends and upcountry congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit