Nephew going to bethel - seeking seed planting ideas

by azor 29 Replies latest jw friends

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Bethel has more made apostates than any other source. It helped make me one. Just relax And let the bethel magic work :)

• Listener
    Listener

I agree with Billy, try to keep up communications with him. Let him know that you're there to give him any advice about the goings on within Bethel or any support that he might need.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Just say - "Hey I saw a wonderful documentary on Animal Planet the other day. Did you know there are over 1 million types of insects on the planet and they are still being discovered? That must have been a really difficult task for Noah collecting all those for the ark".

• scary21
    scary21

Sparky....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Tell him to listen to any scary stories about WTHQ that anyone might want to tell him.

It'll help other people there get things off their chest, and help him see behind the curtain.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Is he one of your favourite nephews (of course he is)?
    Let him know that!

Also, let him know that you found that Bethel was not always what you had expected it to be, and that you wished that you had had someone to talk to about your personal disconcertations.

If you EVER feel the need to talk, without ANY judgment whatsoever, but as as a nephew and uncle ...

• azor
    azor

Thank you for your insights. I will be putting some of them to use. Cross your fingers for me.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Maybe just tell him Bethel can be tough sometimes and if he ever needs to talk he can count on you. Make sure he takes your email address with him to bethel.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Let bethel do its work then I think planting seeds about the bible being a screwed up book and many of the writings coming from older Babylonian and Sumerian writings maybe the ticket. I know others disagree but attacking the Borg their defences will automatically go up, but they never see the bible being a load of crap coming and I don't think anyone has their guard up for this.

• steve2
    steve2

What ever "seeds" you attempt to sow, and regardless of how gently you attempt to do so, he will perceive you as raining on his parade.

Please step away from the need to tell people they are in error. You are simply continuing the old JW game of needing to tell people they are wrong and that you therefore are right. As others above have said, the closer he gets to the inner workings of the organization, the more likely he himself will realize all is far from well in "Jehovah's" organization.

The most powerful and meaningful realisations we humans ever develop often arise from our own observations and thinking processes and are seldom, if ever, the result of other's efforts to open our eyes.

My view is, if you have to point something out to another person who believes differently from you, they will just as easily "see" something different and reach different conclusions about it from you. The best thing you can offer your nephew is unconditional love and acceptance - especially at this time of great excitement in his life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit