Couple questions....like if JW's not the right way then what is?

by world 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Anyone looking for the "true" or "right" religion is still in the clutches of JW reasoning. Hate to break it to ya but there is no one universal truth accept that there is no one universal truth. lol Keep posting as you see the reasonableness of such a statement. Whatever floats your boat so long as it doesn't sink mine.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Witness view ="THE LIGHT GETTING BRIGHTER"

Reality = "Stumbling around in the dark. Most false prophecies of ANY other religion in the world. 1874 1914 1925 1940's 1975 1999 {Generation} is this Jehovahs will?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

1) if jw isn't the right religion, then which one is?

Why does there have and need to be a religion?

2) That is true, to some extent.

3) Because there are so many that are just followers of the cult, they need to be woke up.

4) Why make a reply other than: So what?

5) Because they can't think, they are just followers.

you need to think for yourself and what is good for you, not religion.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Welcome;

I think the answer you & many other Witnesses is looking for is not which religion is the " one true religion" but rather is it here at all. According to Witness doctrine, the one true religion would not appear until the "last generation". The evidence that 1914 wasn't the beginning or ending of anything is overwhelming. (See jwfacts.com & other sources.) That being said, according to Witness doctrine, all who die in this time period are coming back. Both Jesus & the Apostle Paul reiterate this. So, worship God in your own way. (There is no wrong way.) Or worship no God. It really doesn't matter. The only exceptions were those that pissed off God directly such as the Scribes & Pharisees. Hard for the average person to do. Hopefully, this takes a least one mental burden off your shoulders. Keep this in mind: Live Well....Enjoy Life.

• Terry
    Terry

Nobody anywhere has TRUTH tied up with a red ribbon to hand to you so you

can go skipping down the road with a smile!

Get over that idea--it is a tragic lie.

Get out of your head!

Discard those ideas planted inside your mind that TRUTH is welfare from heaven.

There is no heaven except in the arms of the person you'll love.

There is a hell, however. Hell is real. It is the life of a true believer who trades every beautiful accomplishment

in life by wasting their time on make-believe with a stupid smile on their ignorant face.

Travel. Meet new people. Look around at the ENTIRE picture and not one tiny spot.

People the world over are BASICALLY NICE. People are kind and happy and generous and beautiful--but you won't ever

hear that if you talk to RELIGIOUS NUTS!

Build your own world.

People it with sanity.

Water it and nurture it and watch it grow.

At the end of life, you'll look back on friends, family, people who admire you for all the help you've been.

THAT is your heavenly reward.

But whatever you do--don't go around empty-handed like a street beggar pleading for TRUTH.

True things must be dug up with a strong shovel, a strong back and much sweat on your forehead.

True things must be discovered, sorted, puzzled out and tested over and over and over.

ONLY HONEST PEOPLE know what few true things are known.

You know why?--they worked very hard to explore, test, refine, and demonstrate those small truths.

Like what?

A kind word spoken to a down-hearted person will brighten their life.

It is impossible to be too generous to an old person or a sick one.

Everybody is better than you.

Listening is the most difficult talent in life.

See? So simple. So beautiful. So true.

Don't join the jolly liars or the know-it-alls.

Keep company with the simple folks with big curiosity and bigger hearts and you'll do just fine.

STOP LOOKING for COSMIC ANSWERS.

Choose your life using your own brain and the result will be exactly what you have the strength and courage to build.

I wish only the best for you, my friend!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

AS FAR AS THE "RIGHT RELIGION" QUESTION -

Go waaay back in history, before there were Jews or anybody worshipping an omnipotent vicious desert Sand Fairy.

Religions did so many different things, depending on where people lived. In ancient Greece there was a whole panopoly of gods to choose from - Zeus, Minerva, etc. In India, hundreds of thousands of gods to worship, as you saw fit. In Africa there was and still is animism - spirits in trees rocks streams and the wind. Egypt had Anubis, Osiris, Nut, Rah and many others.

If none of these religions was the right one at that time, who is to say that in our time there is any more likely to be a right one.

Have no fear - time passes, and the world unfolds, along with your life the way it should. Whatever choices you make your life will happen anyway. Use it with self-respect and compassion for all living things. For some things there is no real answer. The monotheistic religions claim to have it, but none of them can agree with each other.

The JWs are only "united" in so much as they are forced into conformity, by means of fear, the DF stick where they cut you off from loved ones, and death threats of Armageddon. Take these away and there would be a lot of open dissent and schisms. In E. Europe there are Jehovahs Witnesses who say that Brooklyn Bethel and the GB are all apostates, and they refuse to follow them.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

It has been said here so often:

"I'd rather have answers I can't answer, than answers I can't question." Try questioning the elders on the answers from the Watchtower - see how fast they kick you out.

• Onager
    Onager

Something tells me this was a drive-by dubbing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit