Couple questions....like if JW's not the right way then what is?

by world 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome!

You've already gotten a lot of really good responses.

But I will add these questions: Is it reasonable to speak of "The Truth" as if it were a physical thing that can only be possessed by one person or even a single group? Does that even make any sense?

An honest consideration of these questions leads inevitablty to only one answer for both: No.

An equally honest examination of the Jehovah's Witness religion quickly reveals that it is not at all about spreading "Truth" as claimed, but it is about unquestioning obedience and loyalty to the organization.

Learn to think for yourself. You'll be glad you did. And then you'll understand why that is the greatest crime a JW can commit.

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

I recall an organization that was around in the 60's and 70's I believe. The preacher dude was white and their congregation was well mixed. Blacks and whites. Anyway, they were quite proud of this fact. Think the name was "People's Temple". They lived in racial harmony and all had a nice drink together in the end.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

if jw isn't the right religion, then which one is? Or is it basically believe in God, the bible and you'll be fine?

Did Jesus instruct his devoted followers to distribute scribed false teachings concerning his return and have to document those hours spent

exactly in doing so and how many scribed documents you did leave with people .

That should be a good enough clue to what the WTS religion is really about, its about literature proliferation and distribution

and the entailing false doctrines that promote that literature.

The true preaching/teaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ has nothing to do with money and literature publishing,

its about obeying Christ's greatest commandment which is to love one another and to preach that he will return on god's time schedule not on man's (WTS.)

• never a jw
    never a jw

Welcome world,

You started with the wrong assumption: That there is a "right" religion. You have lots of research to do on religion, more specifically christianity and judaism. And yes, given your doubts, you obviously have not done enough research about JW's history, doctrines, false prophecies, its leaders. Long journey ahead.

There's a chance that there is a "right religion", but as you research, that chance gets smaller and smaller. Try discovering how small.

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

World,

Welcome. Many have been where you are, including myself. Many JWs like to pose the question, "If not here then where?". Continue to ask questions, educate yourself, likely you will come to the same conclusion that many of us have. That is, once you leave Wally World you don't have to go anywhere. Just live your life and enjoy a non-judgmental world that has endless options.

• erbie
    erbie

You are still thinking like a JW which is to be expected because that is what they have trained your mind to do.

It can take a long time to free your mind of their control.

If you want to look at it from a Christian/Biblical perspective I would suggest you try this:

Even his disciples asked Jesus how they were to know the way, to which He replied, "I Am the way, the truth and the light".

It took me many years before I saw the truth in those few words and for the penny to drop. It is actually painfully simple and that is the marvel of it all. All those Watchtower lies, one stacked upon another just for the purpose of defending the central, pivotal lie are completely unnecessary and are an obstacle to any kind of spirituality.

It is much less complicated than you think, just don't look at things through the eyes with which you once approached the Watchtower riddles.

In short, the 'Truth' is not a religious cult run by a troupe of corporate suits in a tall office building but is Jesus Christ himself (according to the Bible).

...if indeed it is the Bible's viewpoint you are searching for. However, if you are searching for a preconceived, eroronious viewpoint that you have inherited from the Watchtower cult then I wish you well for it will be a long, arduous task and ultimately a fruitless one.

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

It sounds like you are newly awake. Just a couple comments for you:

Once you wake up, you can't go back to sleep. Don't even try. You will only cause suffering for yourself.

If you want to stay a Christian, you will eventually realize that Christ is your one and only head, according to the Bible (if you are a man or single woman). Salvation does NOT depend on an organization and even speaking such nonsense is blasphemy to Jehovah and the power of his ransom.

AND...RESPONSES!!!

New member here so don't attack :D here is a couple questions I have been contemplating lately.

if jw isn't the right religion, then which one is? Or is it basically believe in God, the bible and you'll be fine?

Yes. Manifest the spirit of God in your life by the way you treat others and your own body.

2. i can't find any other religion who has broken thru all the racial barriers and teach the same stuff worldwide....In all honesty I do trust "most" jw if I were to stay at their house or vice versa.

LOL. All cults say this. Moonies, LDS, JW, Jonestown.

3. If some of you don't believe in the organization, why attack it or stand outside assemblies etc trying to spread the word of being against them, what benefit is this?

That is not effective and I would NEVER do that.

4. I have read and seen throughout history that they could have wrong teachings and that yes they have been wrong in the past about some things, jw normally say well we changed and the light got brighter. What is a good reply to that??

How about when they teach one thing, then change it, then change it back to the first teaching! Is that the light getting brighter?

5. Most JW don't even read the bible, they just automatically think its the truth and follow it no matter what. If I bring up a question to an elder they auto think I'm against it, why is this?? Honestly ....

Mind control. Read Hassan's book on cult mind control.

All in all, I still attend but lately thinking it's only because of friends and family. I have so many doubts, I'm actually stuck of feeling like hey what if it is right and I leave then I wont be accepted in paradise? Or what if I fade away and will be just fine but with all friends, wife and family would look so down upon me. I do believe there is a god and I do hope there is a paradise or heaven that we can be in because I really don't think our life was just meant for 100 years or less then nothing. Wish I had all the answers :D

The meetings have became slightly boring, same stuff every week, elders never want to use you unless your friends with them or if they say jump and you say how high. They have been caring more about their reputation than helping children IMO.

Just so so confused lately and it's driving me nuts.... :/

Just take it slow. Pray for Jah's guidance everyday. Study. Get a hobby.

I've been studying with the Bible Students. Do I think they have the "truth". Hell if I know! But, learning about what Russell really taught and what Rutherford did to the WT was the last straw.

• TD
    TD

My wife is a JW. I'm an Unbelieving Mate, which in my experience with the JW's is the lowest of the low.

--Not sure if it helps, but here is how I'd respond to your questions.

1. If jw isn't the right religion, then which one is? Or is it basically believe in God, the bible and you'll be fine?

The whole concept of "True Religion" and "False Religion" is a construct of JW's and kindred groups that you would be better off letting go of. As a simple example, I'm sure you've realized by now that an intelligent trinitarian can give you one helluva run for your money in a debate. Why is that subject even debatable in the first place? I understand how JW's view John 1:1 for example, but if you were John would you seriously have expressed yourself in that ambiguous a manner?

2. i can't find any other religion who has broken thru all the racial barriers and teach the same stuff worldwide....In all honesty I do trust "most" jw if I were to stay at their house or vice versa.

There is a big difference between unity and uniformity. JW's enforce uniformity with a heavy hand, so it's hardly a virtue that they teach the same stuff worldwide. The "Racial barriers" thing was praiseworthy 40 years ago and something that attracted me to the JW's too. It is not that unusual today among civilized people.

3. If some of you don't believe in the organization, why attack it or stand outside assemblies etc trying to spread the word of being against them, what benefit is this?

I don't do that and I think people who do are wasting their time. At the same you need to realize that the JW faith is destructive and hurts a lot people and they do have legitimate grievances.

4. I have read and seen throughout history that they could have wrong teachings and that yes they have been wrong in the past about some things, jw normally say well we changed and the light got brighter. What is a good reply to that??

Historically, JW's have been wrong on almost everything and they are not honest today about it . That alone should tell you something.

C.T. Russell himself gave one of the best possible replies when he said that, "A new light of truth can never contradict a former truth. 'New light' never extinguishes older 'light,' but adds to it."

5. Most JW don't even read the bible, they just automatically think its the truth and follow it no matter what. If I bring up a question to an elder they auto think I'm against it, why is this?? Honestly

JW's are a high control group with many of the earmarks of a cult. That is one of them and again, it should tell you something.

• BeFree
    BeFree

This is my first post too. I don't know what to believe. Actually I do its just complicated and I'm so disillusioned atm I'm trying the whole fade out ignoring cards and invites for coffee from sisters and messages from elders.

My major problem right now is that I had to move back in with my mum and the KH is on the main public road and 2 mins walk from our house, I have a family that lives down our street and the next block an elder in my hall lives and my house is full view to everyone so I've been working on my my hiding skills because no matter where I go I have to pass the hall.

I really want to leave and fade away my mum is the only one in so I don't particulary want to lose her although I don't think if worse comes to worse and I get DF'd she'll shun me as I am her only child and the next family member lives 200 miles away but reading stories of others who knows.

Does anyone else wish they can reverse time and never made that commitment to this organization - leaving comes with so many consequences its like a bad phone contract and this leaving bill is one I don't want to pay!

• runForever
    runForever

World you act honest but I suspect a shill. Anyhow on the chance you aren't and you believe in the bible here it goes. Luke 21:8

completely describes perfectly the governing body past and present. They are saying "the due time has approached! the due time has approached!"

So then doesn't Jesus condemn them? And what did Jesus say about what he said: " I don't speak of my own originality." So who was saying that?

So where does that put Jehovah's Witnesses? Hint: Lake of Fire burning forever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit