JWs say, "They don't judge"

by skeeter1 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• apostrate
    apostrate

Very similar to what Phizzy stated, I will be the first to admit that I do judge people. It's really an assessment, but I don't "judge" anyone as to whether they are worthy of eternal life, or paradise, or whatever. I will "judge" a person as to whether I want to associate with them or not. Just because I don't care to associate with a person, for whatever reason, doesn't mean I wish them a horrible death or life in HELL!

I once told a fellow JW (while I was still "in") that there are some "brothers" I will treat as DF even though they were not. Needless to say, that didn't go over very well!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"Witnesses are the most judgingest people on the planet!"

(that is a take of from that dumb GB members comment: "witnesses are the most thinkingest people on tha planet!")

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JWs don't judge like Priscilla Queen of the Desert doesn't wear dresses.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

They "don't judge" but they always have an incredibly sour face whenever I see them now as oppose to when I was in.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Godsend - oh yes there are some judgy old sisters who pull the "cat's bottom face" whenever they see me.

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

IMO, JWs are the most judgmental group in the world. This became clearer after I left. Do I remember correctly, if you were not baptized or children of baptized parents when the big A occurred, you were toast! No, not judgmental at all.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh, they say that THEY dont judge...and that ONLY JEHOVAH judges!

Oh, but what they MEAN is that "WE tell jehovah what he should judge people for!"

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

JWs say "They don't judge"!

Like hell they don't judge!

JWs are self-righteously pioused, smug and snobbish.

It's not uncommon to hear from the platform...especially on a service part..."if the householder doesn't listen to our message it's because his heart isn't in the right condition"!

Who in the hell are JWs to judge or assess what is in a person's heart and then to write the householder off an unworthy if he doesn't listen to a dingbat and loony JW sermon?

• Listener
    Listener

It's not surprising that they are very judgemental. Their witnessing work reinforces this to them personally. It doesn't matter what a householder says and how strongly they are able to support their ideas a JW automatically determines that they are wrong in their thinking if it is not what the org. teaches and will attempt to correct them.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Godsend - oh yes there are some judgy old sisters who pull the "cat's bottom face" whenever they see me.

Around here it's know as the "Judgie Face " ( gotten it a few times since we've walked away from the org.)

The religion is not about simply teaching the Bible (as they understand it) and letting individuals apply it in their lives as they see fit. It's about enforcement of rules, making judgements and handing out serious punishments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit