Did you AWAKEN from the JWs by yourself?

by cultBgone 65 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

"Guns a blazing" works if the JWs won't stop contacting you (but you want them too).

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

I WAS SO MISERABLE, REALLY, DOWN IN THE DUMPS. THIS SONG KEPT GOING THROUGH MY HEAD "IF PARADISE WAS HALF AS NICE AS THE HEAVEN THAT YOU TAKE ME TO, WHO NEEDS PARADISE I'D RATHER HAVE YOU"

I LEFT STILL THINKING I BELIVED, BUT JUST COULD'NT LIVE UP TO THE EXPECTTIONS PLACED ON ME.

THATS ALMOST 25YEARS AGO, AND IT WAS THE BEST DECISION I EVER MADE.

THE SCARIEST THING FOR ME LOOKING BACK IS THAT I REALLY DIDN'T BELEVIE I WAS BRAINWASHED

IF YOU ARE A WITNESS YOU HAVE DOUBTS AND YOUR UNHAPPY, HOW MUCH DO YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE, ITS YOURS, IT MAYBE ALL YOU HAVE

A FEW SHORT YEARS, YOU SHOULD AT LEAST LIVE IT YOUR WAY.....MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

FREEDOM DON'T UNDERVALUE IT

• Syme
    Syme

I awakened on my own. I stumbled on a scientific presentation that addressed the problem of science denial, and dealt with the problem of evolution denial, especially. That contradicted what I was told by the WT literature, i.e. that evolution is a "theory in crisis" and "not accepted by everyone". I came in front of the fact that evolution is a completely proven theory, opposed only on religious grounds. I examined the facts myself, I cross-referenced them with the hilarious claims of the Creation book, thus coming to the conclusion that a) Evolution is true, and b) WTS is deliberately LYING when refering to evolution, knowingly using huge fallacies and falsehoods to support their theology.

• jimbojones
    jimbojones

No matter which congregation I was in, there was always a lack of real love. That coupled with seeing how different the organization works in Latin America, I could see there was no real unity. Things that would never fly back in a US congregation were being allowed in my Latin American congregation. It caused me to go online and search about Jws and found out about the UN and it was all downhill from there.

• jimbojones
    jimbojones

BTW, I'm a third gen born in and have seen it all from an early age.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Syme - "thus coming to the conclusion that a) Evolution is true, and b) WTS is deliberately LYING when refering to evolution, knowingly using huge fallacies and falsehoods to support their theology."

I came to that conclusion a bit after I faded, but it pretty much confirmed what I'd already come to suspect.

x

Yet again for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit