THE IMPONDERABLES TOPIC (Enter at your own risk)

by Terry 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

Terry, it might not be a question for the mentally fleet-footed like you, but the ponderous near-dinosaurs like prologos.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oubliette - "I do try to eschew obfuscation whenever appropriate..."

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

prologos - "...the ponderous near-dinosaurs like prologos."

I wonder...

...since dinos were immensely successful organisms (no pun intended) and "ponderous" is definately not a word I'd use to describe them, are you trying to sneak in a sneaky self-compliment?

• prologos
    prologos

Vidiot, some of these dinosaurs were big by today's standard, bigger than whales, elephants, nature's laws has it that they move slowly, ponderously. so it is with our aging brains in their ninth decade burdened with all that 'past' baggage too. I am amazed at the arguments presented here, so I stick to the simple stuff, for the readers of my ilk.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

prologos - "...so it is with our aging brains in their ninth decade..."

You're in your 90s? Seriously???

• prologos
    prologos

Vidiot, when you look at it chrono-LOGICALly, I was in my first year leading up to my first birthday. I am now well into my eighties, in my 9st decade. Just like the ponderous elephant shuffle, that uses the natural frequency of their mass, in my doctor -ordered daily walks uphill, I have that unnatural ponderous looking gate, but

I then scateboard downhill, it is so much easier, and in the turns, brings all the forces of the universe into BALANCE for me.

In my belief, the life we experience allows for the existence of a creator. I like to live as deeply involved in nature as possible, savour what the imponderable has turned up for us.

Statistics predict that I should be able to keep moving through time until age >91, just barely into my 10st decade. Becoming ever more dependant, --my family is pondering that reality.

• Terry
    Terry

IMPONDERABLES about the Watchtower Corporation:

1. The historical decline from independent congregations to a bloated Organization with hundreds of silly rules. Can you say: Catholic Church?

2. Failure to present even a moderately well-argued explanation for how LIGHT is transmitted so poorly by Jehovah to the Org ending in the need to CHANGE teachings into polar opposite explanations.

3. The silence on Dinosaurs.

4. The hubris in not making a specific apology for all past errors in doctrine resulting in stumbling and DF-ing many fine people.

5. The ambivalence about jury-rigging the NWT by inserting words in [brackets] on again and off again. (And on).

6. The failure to abandon the Blood policy nonsense and take their blows once and for all.

7. The atrophy of teaching skills at the congregation level as evidenced by my few encounters with JW's in the last ten years.

DID I MISS ANY?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

prologos - "...look at it chrono-LOGICALly..."

Sorry; 80s. Still impressive, though.

I am shitty at math.

• Terry
    Terry

How the Watchtower transmits New Light:

18 GIFs That Prove Science Is The Coolest Subject Ever

It doesn't get brighter and brighter it just keep changing as it moves through time.

• prologos
    prologos

terry, good one, because this proves it does not come from "Jehovah" or even "Jesus" the "eternal Father"

James 1:17"-- every good* gift is from above ----down from the Father--- with whom there is not a VARIATION of the Turning of the SHADOW."

watch the scadow turn behind the light bulb on the pendulum.

Note too, most of the time the wt watchers are in darkness, just blibs ant the end of the swing.

good picture of when the wt gets into the swing of things.

How can the gift be good, "New Light" if it has to be taken back, even eradicated from the record of the racket?

• prologos
    prologos

Upon pondering, it shows the watchtower is not firing on all cylinders, bublbs that is on one bulb (Fredd) ? is blinking, the other, 16 like the cylinders of Rutherfords caddies, dont have a spark. but

jws are hypnotized by the swing of the thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit