THE IMPONDERABLES TOPIC (Enter at your own risk)

by Terry 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Terry: We are seldom rigorous in separating magisteria.

Who are "we"?

You might be guilty of this, I rarely am.

Leave me out of your broad, sweeping generalizations.

• Twitch
    Twitch

WORDS are inherently ambiguous.

Inconceivable!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Twitch - "Inconceivable!"

I do not think that means what you think it means.

• Terry
    Terry

You guys crack me up!

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

If this was ancient Greece this sort of thinking would place you along with Socrates or Plato lol..

Here is a simpiler one:

Could God create a rock so huge he couldn't lift it? <<I once saw a stupid short film based on this

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Terry: You guys crack me up!

Good, I'm glad you take our comments and retorts in the good-natured spirit of discourse in which they are intended.

I hope that wasn't overly obtuse or ambiguous. I do try to eschew obfuscation whenever appropriate!?!

• Terry
    Terry

I do try to eschew obfuscation whenever appropriate!?!

Be sure and floss afterward!

• Terry
    Terry

Could God create a rock so huge he couldn't lift it? <<I once saw a stupid short film based on this

God is tumbling weightless in space/time along with billions of planets, stars, asteroids, etc.

The majority of them are too heavy to lift. However, due to the fact God already set them in motion

the question becomes moot due to the fact "lift" could be variously interpreted.

• prologos
    prologos

The question is moot. To lift something implies that they are heavy, that it requires great effort. One rock alone, would have no weight at all. So the question should be two rocks, ---

as to the tumbling in space question, since there was no space at one time (the eternal time) so either "god' is not IN space or there was no creator, and the universe made itself from truely, absolutely nothing, not the so called "nothing" of cosmology that is seething, roiling with energy and virual anti particles.

Can you ponder imponderable subjects without couching them in ponderbale, concrete terms, illustrations, formulae?

• Terry
    Terry

We'll just have to ponder that one . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit