Jehovah's Witnesses and "winter decorations"

by Lynnie 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I never saw any reason you couldn't decorate seasonally. I am sure some JWs were offended, but they never said anything to me and it wouldn't have mattered if they had. Somebody is always going to get their undies in a bunch about something anyway, that's what happens when you are in a cult. Saying it's "too close" to holiday decorating is ridiculous, God created pumpkins and pine cones after all (if you believe in God).

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I entered into a 1/3 partnership in a pre-existing business with a non-JW. The JW's actually thought my JW beliefs should dictate that there be no Christmas decorations in a public business. LOL

P.S. I think this new brand of Jehovah Witnesses will soon be able to have holiday decorations like fall or winter season stull & lights as long as it doesn't actually have anything Christmas, Thanksgiving or Halloween. They are doing just about everything else you wouldn't have ever expected to see.

• Gratefullyunstuck
    Gratefullyunstuck

Half of our Lounge is decorated in snow, winter trees, lights, snowflakes, polar bears, reindeer, penguins, snowmen, hedgehogs etc, not one thing relating to Christmas, can't believe my 'non active' but very much believing husband actually went with it. His devout family including his father (ex PO) said the thought it was great! Cool, well in that case Mr Snowman will be dropping off presents soon then....... 'It's ok, just something I made up, so we should be fine' seriously........ They should see the unnecessary repression WT hold!

bring on Spring, flowers, lambs, blossoms, baby rabbits, eggs......oh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit