Shipping items to the Philippines. Does anyone have experience shipping to other countries?

by adjusted knowledge 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

Ship via USPS using Registered Mail. Multiple filipinos have mentioned that's the way to go when shipping to the Philippines.

Just about everything else is subject to being opened up, and valuable articles are kept (i.e. "stolen") by local postal workers there. Second choice is Express Mail, but Registered Mail is the most secure shipping method. The postal system there is horrible. One filipino woman sent a package to United States, and two months later it was still in the samemailing office she dropped it off. We found out because I asked the sender to inquire for the missing package, and they admitted it was still to being processed. A month later, I received the package.

I hope this helps.

• Ajax
    Ajax

Was once going to send a number of fairly large items by ship from Carribean to continental USA - scuba tanks and tool boxes full of tools etc.

Cost was going to be RIDICULOUS. A guy at the port said ¨Send them by freight on an airline - about $2 per pound¨ at the time, and they wer there 4 days later!

Security is vastly superior at the airport too.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Ship by FedEx and only FedEx... Every other mail sytem take WAY to long and is almost always intercepted by Philippine authorities.

Interestingly I need to ship a Playstation myself to my brother in law in the Philippines too. lol

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

My wife sends a fixed rate box over on a regular basis, including a PS3 and we've never had anything stolen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit