Vomit alert - how many Dubs actually like the noolite .tv?

by hamsterbait 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

One witless I know actually said "I really like Brother Lett - his face is soo expressive, the eyebrows go up and he uses his lips to enunciate every word clearly. And he speaks slowly so it is easy to follow what he is saying."

Another said "Iwas so excited after watching the new TV channel. I was awake half the night. God's organisation has embraced 21st century technology to spread the Truth more efficiently than ever before!"

Isnt the slow speaking actually both insulting and patronising?

"Our words might be hard to understand because they speak of deep things" either that, or they know most of the sheeples are too dumb and have a mental age of nine.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

One witless I know actually said "I really like Brother Lett - his face is soo expressive, the eyebrows go up and he uses his lips to enunciate every word clearly. And he speaks slowly so it is easy to follow what he is saying."

Anyone who has such views about Stephen Lett's caracature-like facial expressions should remain a JW. They are too stupid to be successful in the real world.

More Koolaid anyone?

Doc

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Anyone who has such views about Stephen Lett's caracature-like facial expressions should remain a JW. They are too stupid to be successful in the real world.

My thoughts exactly. Same for anyone who thought Tony the Turd's talk during the Zone visit was great. You are a brainwashed moron and have evidently found the right religion for you.

• bohm
    bohm

nooo not slow speaking! I found him to be highly intelligent, short legged and full of insightfull observations. Like this one:

And what comes after twelve? thiirteeeen!

• Terry
    Terry

I recently watched a documentary which examined the lives of ordinary North Korean citizens.

The naive rapture for their exalted divine leader was heartbreaking to witness.

The camera crew was followed everyplace they went by watchers and listeners appointed by the government

as "minders."

It all came to an end abruptly when one of the camera crew asked a sly question of a group of Koreans

who were rhapsodizing about Kim Jong-un.

"What is your opinion of outside criticism of Kim Jong-un?"

The blank faces of the crowd of people sent an icy chill down my spine.

THE QUESTION HAD NO MEANING TO THEM BECAUSE CRITICISM AND OPINION DID NOT EXIST!

The entire documentary was stopped and the crew was kicked out of North Korea the next day.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

When a human being loses critical thinking they cannot analyze what is being taught nor

choose a better way for themselves. They can only be loyal and grateful and filled with enthusiasm.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I'm not sure if I clicked on this link from this site or elsewhere but I did read about a Western teacher trying to teach a select privelged North Koreans. She was having dificulties because even though these were technology students they didn't know the internet existed. But the biggest problem was the North Koreans lack of critical thinking. Even simple subjects in essay writing was beyond them because they couldn't tackle the problem with the scientific method which relies on critical thinking. This will continue to be a problem with North Korea's advancement. Without critical thinking a society can't evolve.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Problem is that many others have embraced 21st century technology. You want to find how the Fenix LD22 flashlight works? Just go to a video site and type in the term in your search engine--probably more entertaining than that crap they watch. And there are Pokemon fans that use this technology to demonstrate how to get through the game and even to show off glitches and rare features of the games.

Which is more inspirational than the jokehovian witless TV, and infinitely more entertaining.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hamsterbait - "One witless I know actually said 'I really like Brother Lett - his face is soo expressive, the eyebrows go up and he uses his lips to enunciate every word clearly. And he speaks slowly so it is easy to follow what he is saying.' Another said 'I was so excited after watching the new TV channel. I was awake half the night. God's organisation has embraced 21st century technology to spread the Truth more efficiently than ever before!'"

Even money says these guys are talking like this to convince themselves they like it, because the alternative is just too f**king disturbing.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I don't care much about appearances. It's what comes out of those lips that matter. When someone can say there's more evidence of God's Kingdom ruling than electricity or wind, then that's a real problem.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'm not sure if it's true but my understandg is the reason he speaks this way is because he grew up in a household where both parents are deaf and he too is partially deaf. He apparently has always had to enunciate his words slowly for those who read lips and use hands to "sign" and his face to help express the emotion of what he is saying.

If this is true, you'd think he'd use sign language during his broadcasts so everyone could "hear"what his message is directly but then again it might be less distracting to use closed captioning instead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit