1914 to 2014 and beyond.

by tenene 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

I think it might continue to exist for a while, but I think its numbers are going to start going down, and I think the quality (knowledge, intelligence, discernment, reasoning ability, social stability, character, etc.) of the individaul JWs will continue to go down.

The number of new baptisms per year continues to decrease, or hold steady at best. It is still enough to allow for a net gain of maybe 1% per year, but as the overall number of JWs increases, the number of JW deaths & DFings will also increase year over year.

If present trends continue it is inevitable that growth will level off. If the number of new baptisms per year starts any sort of real decline, the grand toal of JWs will decline as well.

It is pretty much inevitable, barring a 9/11 type of event that scares fence-sitters & inactives back in, that the JW numbers will begin to decline, and sooner rather than later.

Who would be attracted to and become a JW now???

Pretty much 3rd world and/or poverty-stricken JWs. Immigrants from the 3rd world living in 1st world countries. The materialistic side of the JW message ("get a mansion in the new world soon!") has great appeal to such an audience, as does the "instant community" that JWs offer to persons otherwise disenfrachised by society in general.

Growth among the 1st world non-immigrant population stopped a couple of decades ago, and I'm quite sure has already started its decline. That decline is masked, I believe, by still relatively robust growth from the groups noted above.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

MAGNUM: Some here have claimed the whole JW.ORG thing has been a big success for the org. I ask, though, in what way? It seems that the current crop of mind-controlled, cultish JWs like it, but what about outsiders? Is it attracting new recruits? What about the few JWs who are intelligent, knowledgeble, reasonable, and level-headed? How do they really feel about it? How do they really feel about the way the org has changed in the last few years. They might leave like some of us if nothing exciting happens in the next few years.

So, I don't call JW.ORG a success. It's just a cheap, cheesy gimmick that appeals to the culties, but repels those with character. I think JWdom will become more cultish and more isolated and that it will lose numbers. I thinks its attrition rate will be higher than its rate of gain.

DITTO! Well said.

No one is excited about JW.Org but already brain-dead JWs.

Doc

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Who would be attracted to and become a JW now???

Pretty much 3rd world and/or poverty-stricken JWs.

The doctrines of JWs give losers and the disadvantaged someone else to blame for their own misfortune -- and provides a fairytale hope that everything will be better (in fact, wonderful) in their future.

Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Searcher - "They are in the process of 'refining' not only their business model, but also the sheep. They will continue to do both until they have a hard core of devoted, obedient followers who will financially support the streamlined, predominantly electronic religion, now known as JW.org!"

A smaller, leaner, and much, much meaner version of the Organization (that is nontheless a pale shadow of its former glory).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit