1914 to 2014 and beyond.

by tenene 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tenene
    tenene

As JWs "celebrate" a century of failed prophecy and cover-ups, what could we look forward to in their next 100 years? How much longer can they remain relevant in this ever changing society?

• Raton
    Raton

Since 2034 'could be' the end, I don't think the next 100 years will be totally different. Things will just be worded more carefully and packaged differently.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Were they ever relevant in Society ?

I think they will continue to try to modernise, but the pathetic attempts we have seen thus far, with a website that is 20 years too late, and a TV station that broadcasts from it that will hardly be seen by non-Dubs do not bespeak of them coming lustily into the 21st Century any time soon.

They will continue to be an anachronistic, 19th Century, Apocalyptic Cult on the outer margins of the consciousness of normal Society.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think the borg is undergoing some kind of metamorphesis as we speak.

Who knows what the hell will eventually emerge from that cocoon, or when the final reveal will be.

The reality is they will become more and more irrelevant as time goes on, but they are

the kings of spin, so whatever road to hell they take the faithful down, they will

have all them dumb schmucks looking forward to the trip.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

They are in the process of "refining" not only their business model, but also the sheep.

They will continue to do both until they have a hard core of devoted, obedient followers who will financially support the streamlined, predominantly electronic religion, now known as JW.ORG!

• cha ching
    cha ching

so whatever road to hell they take the faithful down, they will

have all them dumb schmucks looking forward to the trip.

Sooooo true... willing sacrifices.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thanks for our new word Phizzy, you have started a tradition here... (Word for the day)

Anachronism: : a person or a thing that is chronologically out of place;especially : one from a former age that is incongruous in the present

All summed up in "A" word.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The new drones won't remember the old light and will continue on in blindness and even in denial if the old light is exposed to them.

SSDD

Same Shit - Different Day Drone

Doc

• Magnum
    Magnum

It seems to me that any relevance they had is gone. I think at one time they did have some relevance. They seemed more scholarly and dignified and noble and serious. Now they just seem to be ignorant, cultish buffoons.

If you had told me in the 80's that JWdom would be what it is today, I wouldn't have believed you. I see now that things can change drastically in ways I wouldn't have believed. I am really curious to see what the next five years will bring. I think I disagree with many here who think the org will continue on as it is now. I think it might continue to exist for a while, but I think its numbers are going to start going down, and I think the quality (knowledge, intelligence, discernment, reasoning ability, social stability, character, etc.) of the individaul JWs will continue to go down. Who would be attracted to and become a JW now???

Some here have claimed the whole JW.ORG thing has been a big success for the org. I ask, though, in what way? It seems that the current crop of mind-controlled, cultish JWs like it, but what about outsiders? Is it attracting new recruits? What about the few JWs who are intelligent, knowledgeble, reasonable, and level-headed? How do they really feel about it? How do they really feel about the way the org has changed in the last few years. They might leave like some of us if nothing exciting happens in the next few years.

So, I don't call JW.ORG a success. It's just a cheap, cheesy gimmick that appeals to the culties, but repels those with character. I think JWdom will become more cultish and more isolated and that it will lose numbers. I thinks its attrition rate will be higher than its rate of gain.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

In my opinion, They will remain relevant as long as they have the money to promote their agenda....when that dries up, and with the current barage of lawsuits, this may not be too far off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit