What's next, Food Banks?

by Quarterback 19 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

BWAHAHAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good one, Quarterback!

• blondie
    blondie

(Matthew 26:11) . . .For YOU always have the poor with YOU, but YOU will not always have me.

I have heard jws quote the above or a parallel scripture when it came to charity.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

If anything food related was implemented, it would be identical to a KH I know of that applied to Panera Bread as a charity, and the food from panera is to be distributed to the poor but that KH keeps it in the back room for members and piousneers, etc, to all take. It's never given to any poor person/non member. Even the few businessmen in the KH stock up from the weekly pickup.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, I guess you guys are right. What's wrong with me. I guess. "It's getting to look a lot like Cristmas"

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

For YOU always have the poor with YOU

I always found that verse depressing.

It meant that we will never solve the problems, as JW's say.

Just accept that life is crap, and everything will be better in the next life.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Just accept that life is crap, and everything will be better in the next life.

Yep. Waiting on Jehovah = Nothing Gets Done + People Get Hurt.

Totally the opposite of Stephen Covey's first effective habit "Be Proactive".

Botchtower's advice does not serve people well.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

years a go i recall an article they printed that encouraged jws to use ours and the worlds, possesions, or riches, to further the good news.

i cant remeber the wording but i thought how contradictorey the article was first telling us we should not be dependant of satans system while on the other hand encouraging people to get what they can from the govt so they can be free to preach...

sort of like how mormons do, they have multiple children then go on food stamps. [how many kids and wives can you support for with your job??]

about ten people in my moms congregation go to the local food bank, which is OUT OF A CHURCH BASEMENT!! yea you got that right.

they go to 'chistendom' for a hand out.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

How sad, Somewhatnow.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

That should be an alternative Daily Text subject!

Jesus was selfish at times. The apostles were mad that this lady was wasting oil on Jesus' feet that couldve been sold and the money given to poor but Nooo, Jesus desperatly wanted his feet washed!

In Acts 20:35 it is claimed that Jesus had once said "it is better to give than to receive" Commanding others to do one thing while doing the opposite is showing the spirit of hypocrisy!! Us true Christians would be wise to not follow Jesus' example in this regard.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Food banks cost money to operate....most of the money the ORG has is used to expand their Real Estate holdings and will probably be used to address lawsuits....get ready for the Conti decision....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit