Have you been J-SNUBBED? HOW RUDE!

by sparrowdown 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I got to thinking the other day about how the WT uses loaded language

and spin to give thinly veiled credence and so-called respectability to their policies.

But why not call a spade a spade. Why not identify the true nature of a policy,

action or behavior, the intent behind it. So, for instance, if we are being honest

*disfellowshipped = emotional balckmail, J-snubbed, hit with the shun-gun,

the "you are dead to me" treatment

*deleted = disgraced former elder

*The two witness rule= pedo loophole

*Judicial Committee=kangaroo court, a prosecution only trial, where the

prosecuting team are prosecuting attorney, jury and sentencing judge all in one.

*worldly= marked for destruction unless commits to lifelong GB worship.

These are just a few I could think of for the sake of example,but what about you,

do you think the language used has any bearing on how we view things?

Does calling it what it is help expose the true intent behind WT policies?

Spin of all kinds is nothing new, so I suppose what I am talking about here

is reverse-spin.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

New Light = We are making things up as we go along.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Good one Lisa.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Great list! I'm too tired tonight to add to it but will definitely come back to this thread.

• prologos
    prologos

added PRIVILEGE = more unpayed work

SERVING in, -- as, = added privilege, added status.

• Island Man
    Island Man

"After the song, you may wish to remain standing for a few announcements." = just a polite way of telling you that you should remain standing for the announcements. There are other examples where commands are issued with the word may to make therm appear not to be commands.

Kingdom hall = JW church

Governing Body/Faithful and Discreet Slave = JW clergy, JW leaders.

"Our literature is without charge, but we accept contributions toward the worldwide work" = "I'm psychologically hinting to you that you should give me money for the magazines because I can't outright ask you for money for the magazines."

spirit directed = We're not outright saying that we're inspired (because then we'd be accused of being false prophets) but we want you to get the impression that we are inspired and treat our instructions accordingly.

Bible study (the person) = A living trophy for the publisher to show off at the kingdom hall.

Pioneering = The seeking of prominence and elitism disguised as doing more for Jehovah.

Bible study = Study of Watchtower doctrine in Watchtower literature with bible verses quoted and cited (often out of context) to prooftext Watchtower doctrine.

• steve2
    steve2

Language shapes experience and experience in turn shapes language. The words we use to describe our actions matter. The way our actions affect others will then lead to their choosing words that match their perceptions.

It truly is a "perspectival" world in which one party sees its actions one way, whilst the recipients of those actions will see them another. Hence, one party will claim it is doing something to us for our own good. However, whether we agree depends on how we perceive their motivation. Yes, it becomes complicated - but it explains how people interacting with one another can have sharply differing words to describe the experience. The ability to stand back from our immediate actions and reactions and see different perspectives is a mark of flexibility and maturity. People in closed religious systems, however, cannot afford to show this flexibility and maturity. Blind obedience works best.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"J-Snubbed"... very clever.

x

Island Man - "spirit directed = We're not outright saying that we're inspired (because then we'd be accused of being false prophets) but we want you to get the impression that we are inspired and treat our instructions accordingly."

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

CO visit = the delicate "genius" and his wife are in town, let the brown-nosing begin.

"My return visit is coming along on sunday" = suck it !!!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"How did you enjoy the meeting"= a statement disguised as a question, should actually read: "you have to enjoy the meeting...everyone does".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit