I have a TASK for you to perform. Come on--it will be FUN!

by Terry 54 Replies latest jw friends

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Long threads are often what what i call " tea room threads" i.e what book are you reading.

Then we have what i call the controversial " stand me up and shoot me down threads" ie i am a Christian your an Athiest or visversa.

Political and current affaor threads often result in the loss of valued members.

Reward good behaviour and respect of fellow posters opinion threads tend not too last very long.

Terry your the master of intersting and thought provoking threads, that get few replys. ( with the odd exception)

Anyway you long thread posters on this board, do a little shopping around, the best threads often end on good terms but with out many posts.

• stillin
    stillin

There were 8 pages of dialog when I hinted at protecting unconfirmed pedophiles

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

What makes a long thread ?

So you want to be a star !! Well don't be embarressed you'r not alone ! Everybody does, if they're are honest with themselfs. And actually i can think of no better place to do that, than contributing your ego on a long thread.

Of course your brush with fame can become unpleasent, if people don't agree with your viewpoint. This is where EGO comes in and your brush with " stardom" can turn nasty.

So i think long controversial threads can be wonderful if we don't become to big headed with our opinion- because ofter all some lovely posters may just have different opinions.

• Terry
    Terry

Terry you're the master of interesting and thought provoking threads, that get few replies.

You'd think I'd learn my lesson, but I never seem to do so!

I try to look at the same old thing in a different way by standing at an odd angle to it and asking myself an obvious question about it.

I get flashes of ideas during the day. Suddenly I'm on fire. I think as I write. Then, I go back and sort out the steps of the presentation.

I would say MOST of my topics generated VERY FEW responses.

That tells me I'm just not very good at achieving my goal of creating a DISCUSSION!

I've got a long way to go!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If you strive for "success" you will almost certainly fail, if you strive for excellence -success is guarranteed.

Public opinion is a fickle mistress, the subjects that titilate or enfuriate seem to evoke the most response.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

^^Edit: infuriate^^

• darth frosty
  • Simon
    Simon

Here's an alternative way that should be faster (using forum vNext):

When you've clicked on your name in the top right corner, you'll be on a page such as:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/5866

Edit the URL and change the ".net" part into ".com" and that will take you to the equivalent page on the new software:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/5866/simon

Click on 'Topics' and you will see all the topics you have started. You can sort them by date started order, date last updated (you're own "active topics"!) or the number of posts. Click the "Replies" tab to see the latter.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/5866/Simon/topics?sort=replies

Still work in progress but this ability to sort topics applies to those by an individual or can be used equally well for topics in a single subject area or the entire forum. Hopefully it'll be going live over the xmas break.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Terry - mine was in the members/politics section: Should religious belief be exempt from critical thinking? It ran to a mere 4 pages.

It should really have been even shorter, but some (ex-)members stubbornly insisted that a certain religion of peace was most certainly not to blame for a recent spate of beheadings.

• Terry
    Terry

WOW-Simon!

I've got to get the hang of that.

I very frequently visit the boneyard of my past posts to resurrect the ideas and try again for discussion.

If I can sort by topic it will help immensely!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit