THE TRUTH IS AN ILLUSION and here is the process which proves it.

by Terry 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

A WALL is a wall, right? But, is a BRICK WALL always a brick wall?

Question: What if each day a brick was removed and replaced with wood?

The Watchtower Religion pretends to be like a brick wall built of TRUTH.

However, each ‘brick of truth’ been replaced with wood (changing opinion.)

Watchtower TRUTH is a series of wrong guesses proved to be incorrect.

Quietly replacing those guesses has been a full-time job while maintaining the façade.

Opinions published in the Watchtower are never honestly labeled ‘opinion.’

They are counterfeited as divinely transmitted accurate knowledge. i.e. ‘The Truth.’

The Watchtower Society wants you to keep your eye on the Wall while ignoring the missing bricks!

Here is how the swindle occurred. Notice how specific, confident, and authoritative this teaching is.

_________________________________________________________________________-

“....We see no reason for changing the figuresnor could we change them if we would. They are, we
    believe, God’s dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the
    date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble....” Watchtower July 15, 1894, p. 1677

THIS IS THE BRICK WALL. Notice the very idea of changing any brick is denied. What then occurred?

This 1914 end is the foundation of all later doctrines. But, the end did NOT happen.

A religious crime had been committed termed FALSE PROPHECY.

A criminal seeks to destroy evidence which proves guilt.

Watch how the bricks are replaced by the wood blocks.

Below is ‘proof’ obtained from measurements in the GREAT PYRAMID?

“. . . we find it to be 3416 inches, symbolizing 3416 years from the above date, BC 1542. This calculation shows AD. 1874 as marking the beginning of the period of trouble; for 1542 years BC plus 1874 years AD. equals 3416 years. Thus the Pyramid witnesses that the close of 1874..." (Charles Taze Russell, Thy Kingdom Come, Studies In The Scriptures, vol. 3, 1904 edition).

REPLACEMENT ‘brick.’

“. . . we find it to be 3457 inches, symbolizing 3457 years from the above date, BC 1542. This calculation shows AD. 1915 as marking the beginning of the period of trouble; for 1542 years BC plus 1915 years AD. equals 3457 years. Thus the Pyramid witnesses that the close of 1914 ..." (Charles Taze Russell, Thy Kingdom Come, Studies In The Scriptures, vol. 3, 1910 edition).

Did you understand what you just read? 1914 as the END was predicted. The END did not come, so the measurements ‘proving’ the non-event had to be changed! The date was pushed forward one year. 1915 was as easily ‘proved’ and predicted as 1914 had been. BOTH WERE FALSE DATES.

How about the worship of Jesus Christ? Let us look at that ‘brick’ in the Wall of ‘Truth.’

"Jehovah God commands all to worship Christ Jesus because Christ Jesus is the express image of his Father, Jehovah, and because he is the Executive Officer of Jehovah always carrying out Jehovah’s purpose (Heb.:3–6)."
    -- Watchtower 1939 Nov 15 p.339.

REPLACED BY THE WOOD BLOCK:

WT 1954 Jan 1 p.31 Questions from readers: "Should we worship Jesus?"—G. B., Ethiopia.
    "...the answer to the above question must be that no distinct worship is to be rendered to Jesus Christ now glorified in heaven. Our worship is to go to Jehovah God."

Jehovah’s Witnesses call their belief system THE TRUTH because they only see a WALL.

They do not understand who built the wall. They are unaware of all the replacement activity.

THE TRUTH is an illusion of deconstruction.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

An excellent illustration Terry!

It was brought home to me how true this is when I was talking to a couple of Elders about how the changes of recent years mean it is no longer the same religion, the old boy of the two seemed to nod and agree, the younger guy needed the various bricks that had been replaced pointed out to him, and even then I don't think he really conceded.

They just see the wall, don't see how it has been changed in front of their eyes, and do not realise each part of the wall is a lie, a Wall of Lies.

Just a bit off topic, a number of my family and friends are now XJW (Yay !) but a good few of them still use the expression "the truth", much to my chagrin, I have taken recently to interjecting "You mean The Darkness". (With apologies to the Group of that name).

• Terry
    Terry

Words are powerful.

Generic words are useful viral agents for agents of insidious mind rape.

TRUTH seems to be a rather pristine and beautiful word not unlike FREEDOM or PEACE.

However, the Devil is in the details.

Look at the term CHRISTIANITY.

That is a "thing" right?

WRONG!

Christianity is an illusion of pixels! Those 40,000 denominations are the pixels.

When you get right down to it--there are disagreements, doctrinal divisions, sectarian arguments, dramatically differing interpretations

which have fractured this word CHRISTIANITY into an amorphous cloud.

I use this rule of thumb to explain to others in a debate how treacherous a word can be.

Words are like sticky notes which must be attached to something like labels.

You can put the sticky note: CHAIR on all kinds of objects barely resembling one another.

CHAIR is a conceptual thing with thousands of instances all over the world. Few match!

THE WORD: TRUTH is a concept like that of CHAIR.

It is only when we clearly attach a SPECIFIC instance to our word for others to see--then and only then--

we are communicating.

INSTANTIATION is a useful term to learn.

Instantiation is the creation of a real instance or particular realization of an abstraction.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Being that this religious organization was founded on a platform of commercialization from someone who ran and owned their own

publishing house (C T Russell), is this formation of an illusion all that surprising ?

The doctrines were established to help in the proliferation of the publications made by this publishing house the Watchtower Corporation.

The cunning part of this illusion is how they intertwined the preaching of the Gospel with the distribution and circulation of that

published literature.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Ah, but "What is Truth?" ( with thanks to Pilate, who may or may not have posed that thought).

• Terry
    Terry

I believe Aristotle described truth as " that which describes reality."

That encompasses a means by which we distinguish our formless, ephemeral THOUGHTS about a real thing and the real thing itself.

Example:

We can assert "Nothing is real." But, we still have to use a door to enter and leave a room rather than walking through a wall.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Marked.

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

Terry,

I mark you a "G" on good use of illustrations.

Phae

• Terry
    Terry

There is a Chinese proverb: "No man ever steps into the same river twice."

Even inside our own body the cells die and are replaced twice a year. (Don't make me prove this!)

The point being: WHAT REALLY IS the thing which constantly changes in actuality, but is always called the same thing?

Marriages change because people change.

I can think of no worse insult than this: being voted the 'least changed' at a High School reunion.

But, in the case of channeled TRUTH--we are dealing with (supposedly) the absolute mind of the living God.

OLD LIGHT is a counterfeit patch on the reality of FALSE INFORMATION.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Isn't the propagation by the WTS. of being singularly guided by god alone an a illusion in itself ?

Religions set about creating illusions by exploiting people's emotions and ignorance, add the inclusion of fear and guilt into

the expressive endeavor and your pretty sure to have created your very own religious following, where you can self empower yourself

to your own decisive direction .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit