Dateline NBC available as a QuickTime download...

by peterstride 26 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• peterstride
    peterstride

HI all,

I was able to digitize, and compress the entire Dateline NBC show into the smallest file I could manage. The sound is OK, the picture so so....but you'll get the full impact of the show.

The only program that I have that can send files is ICQ, so if you don't have ICQ, just go over to www.download.com, put ICQ in the search, install the latest version, get yourself a new ICQ number...and then add my number to your contact list.

My number is 161294253...or alternatively, you can find me under my e-mail address of [email protected]

Cheers,

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada
    PS. I forgot to mention...the file is just under 6MB in size.

• peterstride
    peterstride

Just to add to the above...

I'll be recompressing a higher quality version of the show with much improved sound and picture...but you'll be looking at an approximately 25MB file...for those that don't mind long downloads, let me know if you're interested.

Peter

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Peter,

Thanks - I'd certainly be interested in the higher res version.

Thanks again,

LPR

• Xander
    Xander

Someone *really* needs to host this on an FTP site. 25MB is no problem from an FTP site - we have satellite internet at work, and it will pick it up in no time. Doesn't help over ICQ, though.

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• peterstride
    peterstride

No problem Lionel...I'm off to sleep soon (it's only 3:30PM here in Toronto) because I'm working night shifts, so I'll get around to recompressing it into a higher quality version sometime tomorrow....

However, I'll be taking the 6MB file to work with me tonight and making it available through one of my work computers on ICQ between the hours of Midnight and 5AM (Toronto time) for anyone that wants a copy....

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• mindfield
    mindfield

This file could also be shared on some file-sharing platform such as KazAa or Morpheus, etc. 25MB is no problem whatsoever.

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Peter,

Thanks - but I've no clue how to get it through ICQ; I have just installed ICQ but dunno what to do.....

LPH

• Xander
    Xander

(How on earth did you get decent picture and quality for a 20 minute or so segment in only 25MB? With quicktime, no less? I'm amazed - I understand the latest version of DIVX works compression wonders, but quicktime??. WOW)

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

Peter:

I'm interested in the hi-res version. Unfortunately, I was unable to view the show last night. If anyone in So Cal has a recorded copy, I would gladly pay for one. Just e-mail me with info.

Xander:

Peter could run into copyright issues by hosting the file on an FTP site. It's probably best to share the file via ICQ or Gnutella.

CPiolo

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

uh...

Since dateline won't make video tapes for copyright reasons, aren't you guys, like... doing something possibly less than acceptible by authorities. ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit