Sincere Question for You Know, Eutapro, et. al.

by Jewel 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn
    I am currently preparing a web site for the purpose of serving as a place where friends of Jehovah can consider what heretofore has not been presented to them

It sounds to me like you're getting ready to take the place of the governing body when everything crashes - is that a correct assumption or did I misunderstand??

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    What do you think got my arm in a sling? LOL / You Know

LOL! I must admit - I even thought this was funny! YK - I knew you had a sense of humor underneath that animosity!

• You Know
    You Know
    It sounds to me like you're getting ready to take the place of the governing body when everything crashes - is that a correct assumption or did I misunderstand??

I wouldn't word it quite that way, and I don't think by any means that I am the only one whom Jehovah will use. But, I do think that when the high become low and the first last, and all that, that Jehovah intends to use insignificant ones to take the lead during the final phase. / You Know

• Bang
    Bang
    The Scriptures say that we should test every inspired expression to see if it originates with God. That means that each Christian is responsible for their own spirituality.

In regard to 'Miriam' - the leprosy (hypocrisy: a white appearance with living flesh) that has struck the org seems to have ocured from their speaking against Christ also.
    The org has most (if not all) allegory ass about face.
    I've tested it and it's obvious.

Bang

• Jewel
    Jewel

>>>First, elders are not to be followed without question. Oftentimes elders are counseled by other elders or the circuit overseer, and sometimes they are even removed for various things. At times entire bodies of elders are removed for not serving the congregation well. So, it's not like the elders are not accountable to the Watchtower Society, and, of course, ultimately to Jehovah God.<<<

But can they be questioned by publishers? By the rank and file Witness? I saw elders being questioned by Witnesses who had been faithful for YEARS-one older gentleman was as kindly and godly as anyone could be but he was removed from his ministerial service duties because he questioned "Jehovah's arrangement". He apparently asserted that one of the elders (a man who was in his mid-20's) was too young and inexperienced to have been appointed. As it turned out, that was the elder that was later removed. So that older man was right, but his faith was shaken by his treatment and though he continued as a publisher, he seemed dispirited. It always seemed to me that HE was actually stumbled by "Jehovah's organization", not cared for by it.

>>>In fact, I had an experience where I was adamantly opposed to recommending a particular man, but my fellow elders at the time strongly persuaded me to go along with their judgment. So, I did, to my regret, and we had to remove him just a few months later when he ran amuck.<<<

So he was removed, but what happened to those in the congregation who suffered spiritually or emotionally as a result of his running amuck? The answer I've received to this is that Jehovah tests us this way, but if we can be tested by those who are supposed to be set above us by God's arrangement, how can there be any trust?

>>>So, unquestionably, Jehovah’s purpose allows us to be tested by being subject to the errors of our leaders. The ultimate example of what God allows is the fact that Jesus handpicked his apostles, one of which was to become the most ignominious man that ever lived---Judas.<<<

But that brings us back to the question of how this, or any, organization can be Jehovah's organization...If the "leaders" can be used against us by Satan to test the congregations, then, at least in that situation, you would NOT be dealing with Jehovah's organization, but Satan's. This frightened me at the time because it seemed to me that if you couldn't trust Jehovah (since he was always suspect of allowing a "test" and you couldn't trust Satan (obviously)where was the benevolent deity?

And I have always assumed that Jesus picked Judas purposefully. He KNEW his job on the earth was to be betrayed and sacrificed. Judas (or somebody) would have to betray Jesus for the prophecies to be fulfilled.

>>>The Scriptures say that we should test every inspired expression to see if it originates with God. That means that each Christian is responsible for their own spirituality. The point is that we can't allow other men to dictate every matter of our faith,<<<

So, then, why were the Pandelos disfellowshipped? Weren't they just testing the "inspired expression" from their elders? I'm not asking to be inflammatory, it was the first example that came to mind. From my experience, this was NOT true. We were not allowed to test or question any directive either from the local elders or the Society. It was the questionings of the rank and file that prompted the endless talks on honoring "Jehovah's arrangement" and the not-so-veiled threats of punishment.

Plus, if I am to assume that it is now understood that elders are NOT appointed through the direct workings of the Holy Spirit, those talks were wrong. They were not accurate. What assurance is there that if I go to meeting on Sunday, the material I hear won't be suddenly incorrect five months or five years from now?

• You Know
    You Know

Jewel. Your questions deserve answers, but I have been pounding on this keyboard pretty much all day and I am winding down now with a glass of Chilean syrah, and so I ask you to check back tomorrow for my response. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit