3 JWs injured whilst Cart Witnessing

by Listener 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Where was Jehovah, or the Holy Spirit at the time?

Well i actually heard that the loud cries of the children dying of hunger in Africa muffled the sound of the screeching tires, so Jehoober wasn't able to stop the car on time.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Tenacious, get a grip on yourself. If you are unable to see the finer point that everyone is making in this case and the other cases, do not comment!

Seriously?

What, don't think I'm fully aware of what the WT attributes to angelic protection while doing Jehovah's will?

That fine point?

And what's with the obvious tone of your message to me?

Am I supposed to apologize to the thread and especially to you for making a valid point on the importance of maintaining our humanity while exposing the WT?

Can you even tell the difference of the point I was trying to make before making the accusation?

Am I supposed to make sense of your convoluted way of you not being able to discern the point I was trying to make?

I strongly suggest you don't jump to conclusions and, at the very least, try using your observational skills to assess before going off half-cocked.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I don't even know what any of you are talking about in the first place because Witnesses aren't supposed to believe that they have angelic protection in their everyday life. Did none of you pay attention at the meetings when the subject was discussed and the example of Job's trials was applied?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Here's an example of WTs message to JWs implying they have angelic protection while doing WTs work:

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I grant you that the picture does seem to send that message. It's at odds with what I read in the literature growing up, though.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Yeah, I wonder where JWs ever got the idea that god protects them ?

"God's angels support and protect his servants" is a pretty clear message.

Here's a recent example:

JEHOVAH PROTECTS

Jehovah has repeatedly been the Rescuer of his people as a group, especially when they have been severely persecuted and relentlessly hounded by their enemies. How thankful we are for God’s help at such times and for the many spiritual provisions he constantly makes for us!

15. Illustrate how a loving father seeks to protect his child.
    15 A loving father not only provides for his children but also seeks to protect them. He would naturally try to rescue them if they were in danger. One brother remembers a specific incident that occurred when he was just a young boy. He and his father were returning home from the field service when their path took them across a stream. A heavy downpour that morning had caused the brook to flood. The only way to cross the water was to jump from one large stone to another. Going ahead of his father, the boy lost his footing on one of the stones[…]"

Excerpt From: WATCHTOWER. "The Watchtower, February 15, 2014."

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

"As a group" is the key phrase there. For a JW to believe that God protects individual Witnesses is saying that God will "put up a hedge around us" as Satan accused him of doing with Job. Perhaps many JWs still believe they have guardian angels, but they're not doing a good job keeping up with their own beliefs then.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The picture indicates that the angels are sheilding the Witnesses from Satan and nothing more. Unforseen occurances such as cars careening into literature carts aren't included but most JW's have a sense that they are safer while at meetings, in service or at assemblies. Many examples have been given over the years of those who were spared from or who were victims of disasters, based on whether or not they were in attendance at a JW meeting or assembly. They say Jehovah's spirit is directing the praching activity and they went as far as to indicate that his spirit sometimes leads JW's to the door of individuals who w contemplating suicide. One could easily assume if he does that, he also prevents accidents such as the one we are discussing.

• WideAwake7
    WideAwake7

In my circuit 12 years ago ..there was a MS father of 2 children at the time .He was a bookstudy conductor in field service at a busy city corner with the territory sheets with his back to the street where a car lost control and hit a fire hydrant that struck and hit the Brother . He died of complications and no use of blood. I remember even then what a wasted life lost by a brother trying to help a congregation book study group. I believe the family after faded away from that congregation. Thinking about it now really is SAD to me . It's just a wasted life.

• mana11
    mana11

Whenever entering field service it is customary to ask for protection and blessing in the work ahead in prayer before leaving the hall.

It is and has ALWAYS been assumed that such protection is granted.

I Dont know what books you have been reading Apognophos but these are the facts.

When an event such as these faithful being injured occurs, it clearly shows that such proctection is NOT granted.

That it is mearly a wishful fantasy in the imagination of the Faithful that they are protected.

It is well worth telling this story since it makes it clear to those of the faith that read this that jehovah doesnt protect as they think he does.

Wake UP Brothers and Sisters You are being LIED TO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit