Does anyone remember a district overseer Joe Slaiman?

by stuckinarut2 72 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Joe Slaiman and his wife Jean were in the travelling work in Australia throughout the 90's... ( I may have spelt the name incorrectly)

Anyone remember them? They were very well liked by many of the brothers and sisters.

I wonder what happened to him? The stories that go around say that they became "bitter apostates"... So I naturally would love to meet them now!

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Last I heard they were living in NSW. They were a decent and fun couple. They came to our place for lunch once with a CO couple, the CO was DFd not long after. Joe saw The Australian (broardsheet newspaper seldom seen in JW houses) and he just made a beeline for it. Spent most of lunch reading, while the other three made chatter. I liked him for doing that (it wasn't in the least bit rude).

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Yes I remember them...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So are they definitely "out of the truth" now?

• karter
    karter

They are both out and i belive parted.

Joe joined our side and i last heard of liveing in NSW.

Joe was a real nice guy a breath of fresh air after haveing Hans Hubler as our CO.

There was alsorts of rumors going around about how they were trying to sue the WTS ect but how many were true is unknown.

Karter.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

thanks Karter...

Yes, they were always very nice to me and other young ones when I knew them.

Shame they are not together.

• jysjw
    jysjw

Hi everyone,

This is Joe Slaiman. I used yo be s district overseer in New Zealand and in Western Australia.

I noticed that there are a number of postings on this site and elsewhere on the internet about me. I would like to set the record straight. Can someone please advise me as to what is the best way to accomplish that.

Thank you.

Joe Slainam

• Simon
    Simon

Welcome, seems like you were well liked :)

It depends - if it's just people speculating and getting things wrong then you can just post and say what the reality is. If that's all it is I wouldn't worry too much but an easier way to do it is to post your story or whatever you want to say someplace and then you can direct people to it.

If it's misleading / malicious then you normally ask a site owner to edit or remove it. Sometimes if's better to set things straight as it isn't always possible to completely remove information on the internet and people can end up reading old / cached copies of things instead of the updated versions.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hi Jysjw!

wow, thanks for your post!

I remember you guys with fondness. 

Please forgive me if I have upset you by starting this post. It was only meant in a nice way.

• Listener
    Listener

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum.  I would love to hear the reasons for you leaving.  I haven't heard the rumours and cannot be bothered to look them up.  It seems that it is common for rumours to be spread by JWs who like to justify why a person is no longer a JW, it's pretty sad really but something that they could be sued for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit