Is God in creation and not the bible?

by thedepressedsoul 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I have been struggling the last year to find my “belief”. What the witnesses have to me is not the answer the more and more I dig. On the other hand, I can’t seem to accept evolution no matter how hard I try, the existence of everything from nothing doesn’t not work with my type of thinking. On the other hand I can’t seem to accept organized religion, or religion in general because I can’t help but see the alternate motives that they use in the name of God. Organized religion and God do not seem to go hand in hand in my opinion and yet the bible seems to teach of organized religion.

I started to think about this more and more and then it hit me. Man is not causing wars, fighting, disfellowshipping, or shunning people because of God, they’re doing it because of the bible. The wars, difference in views and teachings all come because of the bible, not because of God. Once I realized that a lot more started to make sense to me. The bible shows man’s emotions. When thinking about the God of the Old Testament it seems more like a vindictive man or man’s excuse for war and triumphing over other nations. It seems to show more of man’s emotions than that of a God. What if the bible, is man’s book or if the Devil exists, it’s his book or way of keeping people actually from God. Think about it, religions are so tied up in fighting over the bible, trying to understand it that they are almost ignoring the biggest piece of evidence, creation which often actually goes against the bible.

The bible can literally fit anyone agenda or thought process. I’ve always thought that and noticed it about the bible. If I want an excuse to build together a group of people and go attack another group, the bible gives me permission to do that by examples. If I want to love another human being and treat them kindly, the bible gives me an excuse to do that. If I want to shun a person and not talk to them, the bible gives me an excuse to do that. The list can go on and on which is why we have so many religions, thousands!

The more I think about it, the more I can’t help but feel that the bible is a distraction, a book of human emotion. If we look to creation it shows stability, unchangeable laws and facts that can be proven without any question. Yet in the bible, we find none of that.

My thought is, what if there is a God. What if the bible isn’t the answer but just looking at all the things around us is. What if that shows us principles, laws, and reality that we should actually be looking to instead of a book. With the bible we can fight about tight pants, we can say that everyone not believing will die, and we can shun people for not having the same beliefs as us.

Just something I was thinking about and trying to find my way without man telling me what it is. Sorry if I sound a little crazy =/

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since it was always man who inventively imagined a god or gods, is it so unusual that the gods they imagined act emotively like a human being ?

If one reflects upon the fact that it was evolution that created us living today, doesn't that make evolution appreciatively grand ?

Since there never has been any factual evidence that a supernatural being has had a connection with humanity outside of story telling and hearsay,

humanity might just be left to on its own to improve upon the human experiencing to what we can .

That might be the best logical approach there is for humanity, until something totally different comes along.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Fink, that's my other thought, that maybe we just don't have the answer yet. The bible was there reason than just like Evolution is a lot of peoples reason today. Who knows in 100 years or one thousand years what explination there will be.

• prologos
    prologos

If the bible can be seeen as the cause (or justification) for war, it shares that distinction with the process (not the theory) of evolution.

watch the plant compete for light, predetors for territories, males for mating rights or opportunities.

If there is a subtle creator, only uncontrolled nature would reflect his character, or her's

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The bible is not of god if there is such a guy/girl. The book of Genesis is almost entirely stories copied and then changed a bit from older Babylonian and Sumerian writings. Many scriptures after Genesis about God are motifs describing the god El and then later one of his sons Baal Hadad. There maybe even some similarities also describing the god Dagon. It seems as though one city in the near east may have a god like Dagon and have him being more like a god Baal Hadad in their descriptions and yet other cities its clear their describing Baal Hadad. The names of these gods can also be a bit different from city to city. Hadad is spelled Adu or Adadu in other cities closer to the old city of Ninaveh.

Its clear in my studies of the religions of old IMO, that the IsraElites worshiped the same god as the Canaanites El and also later Baal Hadad, and also Ea and Marduk of Babylon. Both Marduk and Baal Hadad defeat a dragon and become the top god King of kings after. Jah does the same defeating Rahab and the Leviathan and so does Jesus in the book of Revelations. Then Jesus become King of Kings Lord of Lord the Alpha and the Omega, he takes his place above the pantheon of the gods just like Maduk and Hadad.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

With or without god, violence is and will always be everywhere. The universe is filled with violence. Just think of black holes, supernovas and other violent events.

Violence and Slavery is evident even in the insect world. Some ants keep aphids as slaves. Wasps inject their eggs in caterpillars and the larvae later devour the caterpillar alive.

If there was a loving creator why would he create such a violent filled universe?

If you insist on believing in a creator, view the creator as it should be viewed, a silly malovent child who burns ants with a magnifying glass.

• prologos
    prologos

redeemer, violence is the consequence of life among successful species, I see no intentional torture build into the life process.

O course we prefer scavengers to killer predetors, but c-est la vie, la mort.

would you rather have your kids starve, than eat prey?

could you condemn 'god' for actions you actually undertake (if only be proxy) yourself?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I do encourage you to ask questions about evolution if you are having trouble accepting it. It could be that you just have not encountered a decent explanation of it yet. It doesn't teach, for instance, that everything came from nothing.

• Heaven
    Heaven

God is a concept, a product of the human imagination in an attempt to define the undefinable in an age where knowledge of the natural world was lacking, resulting in the use of superstition and myth to explain things.

• prologos
    prologos

Apo-gno-phos, I thought abiogenesis was an art separate from evolution,? are you venturing to extend evolution into the pre- big-bang realm?, where nothing is really filled with goodies?, time even?

is 'god' in Creation? if it is a goddess, no,

creation would be IN the goddess, at least initially,

Just because the word "God" is in the bible, that just a pretentious wording, the creator had nothing directly to do with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit