crisis of conscience

by venting 15 Replies latest jw friends

• venting
    venting

If you were going to skip some parts of this book which ones would they be? Whats the best part? I know I sound lazy, but I can't read this in bed next to my wife. Its going to take me forever to sneak read the whole thing. I'm at the part that they are disfellowshiping people for oral sex. Imagine, people having oral sex gross! I wouldn't do it.:) venting.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Skip the next four meetings and read it at home while she goes.

All of it is good.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

The parts that deal with deep doctrinal issues. Ray was a keen student of the Bible, highly intellectual in my view, and he knows the proper applicability of the scriptures as he explains them. He uses a common sense approach where he doesn't take them out of context as the WT has, does, and will continue to do so.

The parts where he's discussing dealings with the GB is very interesting and enlightening. I'm not sure if it was him that mentions it in his book or someone else but the thought of every major appointment, magazine article, assembly talks, and doctrine interpretation, was handled in a very sincere, humble, spiritual way over continual prayer until they felt Jehovah's spirit actually guiding them to mentally decide one way or another. I did not expect the bickering, and politicking that can only be compared to world politics.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Seriously? Don't tell me your wife is around you 24/7???

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Agreed, all of it is good. Try to find the time, I sneaked around and read it in about 4 days and I am mentally free now. Physically is taking much, much, much, much, much longer than 4 days.

• venting
    venting

Ok. I will read it all. Thanks

• Hidden-Window
    Hidden-Window

Read it in its entirety. There is always time and space if you are really interested: During lunch time at your job, at a coffee shop, whenever your spouse leaves the home, etc., etc.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Yes, read it all. Take extra long bathroom breaks.

• quest81
    quest81

I agree with reading it all. I am not a JW but had always wondered how the propaganda was disseminated and controlled. Why they did things the way they do and all that. It's wordy granted but it was worth reading every page, the copies of literature and letters included cement its authenticity.

Read ALL of it - it will give you a LOT of insight.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Venting I am glad you're reading it all now, it really is well written and easy to read. Have fun. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit